Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Best Friend" issues Watch

I've been best friends with this guy for about 4 years now, so naturally we tell each other everything. A few months ago he asked me if I had a crush on someone (I do), and ever since then he's tried to "separate" us. Whenever we talk, he always forces his way in between us and starts talking to only one of us (leaving the other out). I brought this up to him and he apologized, but now he does it a lot more. Fast forward to this week and I'm partnering with one of my friends for a project. My partner and I talk about it quite a bit (its a really important project), and although he made no effort to want to partner with me, he keeps telling me, "Oh, is this your new best friend now? Fine, I'll go find another best friend." I've noticed that now, whenever I talk to one of my friends, he always interrupts us and end the conversation. It's kind of rude because he keeps tapping me WHILE im still talking to the other person. I've started to ignore him and he gets more angry up to the point where he hasn't talked to me recently. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't sound like much of a friend to me...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.