Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are you thinking about studying in the big city? Whether you are from overseas or an English native, you can ask anything about my first month living in London. I come from an English town out in the country so have really felt the juxtaposition of quiet local life to the insatiable rush of England's capital! But, honestly, it is such a fantastic experience - it's easy to be worried about money, social climate or accommodation, even if you just want a chat, feel free to ask anytime!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MemoirsOfKat)
    Are you thinking about studying in the big city? Whether you are from overseas or an English native, you can ask anything about my first month living in London. I come from an English town out in the country so have really felt the juxtaposition of quiet local life to the insatiable rush of England's capital! But, honestly, it is such a fantastic experience - it's easy to be worried about money, social climate or accommodation, even if you just want a chat, feel free to ask anytime!
    How expensive is it in general?

How close do you live to your university?

What do you like most about living in London?

ReputationRep:
    Studying in London can be a bit costly but to be honest it’s worth it!

ReputationRep:
    what kind of accommodation to you have?

ReputationRep:
    pros
    in london, the home of grime so theres a strong chance to meet stormzy

cons
    had to go to norfolk to get front of queue for iphone x

ReputationRep:
    I won't lie, London is incredibly expensive! But if you find yourself a good market to go to on the weekend living can be cheap and good! For instance I live right next to Chapel Market where you can get boxes of veggies for a pound and it'll last you till the next trip!

I live in student accommodation (the cheapest I could find) which can be a little off putting if your squeamish, however, there is such an amazing vibe to the place and, though it's cliche, everyone is in the same boat! So don't be scared or anything, I haven't seen any rats in the corridors yet.. (Although I have in my lecture halls)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.