Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I ordered sex toys online and scared my colleague finds out Watch

ReputationRep:
    I ordered sex toys online and put my office address as delivery address because i spend most of the working days in office and there really is no one at home to pick up. I have been doing that for a while. I didnt think too much when i check out.

However now i am genuinely worried this time because i am not sure how will the package look like. If it states clearly the content of the package on the label then i am done for. As the package will be received by HR first..they will know what is it ....

Do online shops usually label their package with its content?

ReputationRep:
    No, not usually. Especially when it is something like this - it will most likely just be in plain brown packaging so I wouldn't worry about it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Should be fine unless they open it. The order statement usually is inside the package.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes the packaging states what's exactly on the inside but that's rare. If it happens just say it's not yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baker7000)
    No, not usually. Especially when it is something like this - it will most likely just be in plain brown packaging so I wouldn't worry about it
    This, sites like LoveHoney etc are very discreet.

ReputationRep:
    You should try to use the excuse, "Oh my mates are constantly doing things like this to each other."

And hope they don't notice that you paid for them.

ReputationRep:
    The packaging is usually very discreet, don't worry.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    They try to be discreet, but they use the same details each time. LoveHoney always use "LH Trading" as the return address, so even though that's more discreet than LoveHoney, if people know what it is then it's obvious. It won't say what it is, and they sell a wide range of things so it could just be a lot of condoms/underwear/board game etc.

(Original post by HucktheForde)
      I ordered sex toys online and put my office address as delivery address because i spend most of the working days in office and there really is no one at home to pick up. I have been doing that for a while. I didnt think too much when i check out.

However now i am genuinely worried this time because i am not sure how will the package look like. If it states clearly the content of the package on the label then i am done for. As the package will be received by HR first..they will know what is it ....

Sex toys are always shipped in generic packaging that can't be readily identified.

ReputationRep:

most of the time, no. So u should be fine

ReputationRep:

Ach you will be fine. I too was worried - I had my "package" delivered to the local post office and I thought that they would know. I must have looked so shifty - but hey no-one noticed, the package was in a plain brown padded envelope - signed for it and skedaddled out of the shop. These places know that if you are embarrassed, you won't buy from them again.

ReputationRep:

That's not mine.

I thought you were a guy.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
        I thought you were a guy.
        There are sex toys for guys too...

ReputationRep:
        Degenerate pajeet.

ReputationRep:
        http://www.thestudentpocketguide.com...ds/Package.jpg

this came for you

:teehee:

ReputationRep:

Those sorts of vendors probably keep that issue in mind and use very non-descriptive packaging.

Keep in mind, though, you do run a risk by sending it to work. If someone in the mail room accidentally opens it up, your employer may consider it very poor judgment to have had it sent to work. It may even constitute gross misconduct.

In future, get it sent to your home and take one of your 28 days of paid annual leave.

ReputationRep:
        Usually packages that state what are in it are from china or something.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by chazwomaq)

That's not mine.
        Can I get that from Ikea?

ReputationRep:
        No. All these sites use discreet packaging.
        Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.