Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm just going to give this a go.
    Bismillah

I am a gap year student living in the UK. I am very confused what to do with my life right now. I want to go to university but refuse to take out a student loan because of the interest, Im sure theres many who have gone through the same thing. But what do i do now? Theres a part of me that really wants to start learning the deen, but i want a career as well. What are my options? Just any advice would be very helpful really.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by taslima begum)
    Bismillah

I am a gap year student living in the UK. I am very confused what to do with my life right now. I want to go to university but refuse to take out a student loan because of the interest, Im sure theres many who have gone through the same thing. But what do i do now? Theres a part of me that really wants to start learning the deen, but i want a career as well. What are my options? Just any advice would be very helpful really.
    You can take on a degree apprenticeship (meaning you get paid whilst working and your degree is fully funded) if you want to enter HE but refuse to take out a loan/self-fund.

Does your future career require you to have a degree?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Bismillah

Regarding student finance, I'd suggest looking at this thread:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4593668

It clarifies a few things about interest which may affect your decision.

Feel free to check out the Student Financial Support forum fpe further questions on this.

I hope in this forum you get the advice you're after .
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Bismillah

It was my understanding that there are good reasons for why a Student Loan is permissible (read this). There are currently no shariah student loan alternatives in place (although this might change in a few years), so you have only once choice: to take out the loan, or not to go to university. Alternatively, you could study abroad: France, Germany, Scandinavia, Belgium and a few other places in Europe all have no or very cheap tuition fees.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.