Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would including an 4th A-level be detrimental to my university application? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A short summary regarding my question.

I'm 20 years old and have aspirations of going to an excellent university to study economics. It means I'll have to sit all my A-levels again to get the likes of an A*AA.

A couple years ago due to difficulties in my personal life I came out with BCE despite being more than capable to ace my studies. The B is in English Literature.

Hypothetically speaking, if I aced my A-levels this time round and made an application to a Uni that required straight A's, would it be a benefit or a detriment to include the 'B' in English Lit within my application?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IconicMike)
    A short summary regarding my question.

I'm 20 years old and have aspirations of going to an excellent university to study economics. It means I'll have to sit all my A-levels again to get the likes of an A*AA.

A couple years ago due to difficulties in my personal life I came out with BCE despite being more than capable to ace my studies. The B is in English Literature.

Hypothetically speaking, if I aced my A-levels this time round and made an application to a Uni that required straight A's, would it be a benefit or a detriment to include the 'B' in English Lit within my application?
    You need to include all grades. If you don't include it, your application will be cancelled for being fraudulent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You need to include all grades. If you don't include it, your application will be cancelled for being fraudulent.
    Seems I need to refresh on the rules and regulations, so does that mean I'd have to put all 6 A-levels on application?

ReputationRep:
    You have six A-levels? That's impressive! Yes, you have to put every A-level you have, even the embarrassing ones.

ReputationRep:
    Seems I need to refresh on the rules and regulations, so does that mean I'd have to put all 6 A-levels on application?
    Yes.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    YES, IF YOU COMPLETED THE A LEVEL AND GOT A GRADE/CERTIFICATE FOR IT, YOU NEED TO INCLUDE IT.

xc

ReputationRep:
    Not quite the same as you but I took AS Levels and after having a bad year in the health department only got a CDE. Still being sick when the second year came around I changed to a BTEC Extended Diploma as it was easier to handle alongside health commitments. When you apply to uni you have to submit all your qualifications to UCAS. Even if some of them are bad.

The C, D, and E grades weren't even mentioned at my interview. They were more concerned about my predicted grades for my current course. So you should be fine regardless. If they do mention it, though, you clearly have a valid excuse so just be honest about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uptownpunkk)
    Not quite the same as you but I took AS Levels and after having a bad year in the health department only got a CDE. Still being sick when the second year came around I changed to a BTEC Extended Diploma as it was easier to handle alongside health commitments. When you apply to uni you have to submit all your qualifications to UCAS. Even if some of them are bad.

The C, D, and E grades weren't even mentioned at my interview. They were more concerned about my predicted grades for my current course. So you should be fine regardless. If they do mention it, though, you clearly have a valid excuse so just be honest about it.
    Thanks for that! I've been encouraged to be honest if it is highlighted by others too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.