Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Currently choosing universities for September 2018 entry.
    Lincoln looks like a really beautiful city however I want somewhere with good night life and lots of different music scene. Nottingham is great because its a city but I've heard some really bad things people saying its dangerous and calling it 'shottingham' I wouldn't want to worry about being mugged whilst walking down the street.
    Also Nottingham Trent campus looks really nice and modern which is very appealing. Anyone got any experience visiting either of the unis?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Leila1997)
    Currently choosing universities for September 2018 entry.
    Lincoln looks like a really beautiful city however I want somewhere with good night life and lots of different music scene. Nottingham is great because its a city but I've heard some really bad things people saying its dangerous and calling it 'shottingham' I wouldn't want to worry about being mugged whilst walking down the street.
    Also Nottingham Trent campus looks really nice and modern which is very appealing. Anyone got any experience visiting either of the unis?
    Hey Leila1997

Great to hear that you are interested in NTU

I am a current student at NTU, so hopefully I will be able to ease some of your worries about Nottingham. Overall the city is very safe and just like every city in the UK has it's nice and not so nice areas.

Just like anywhere you go simple things like making sure you are in a group of people and not wondering around the not-so-nice areas in the middle of the night are obviously things to avoid.

In my 3 years in Nottingham I have never had any issues or known of anyone to be involved in anything. All of our halls of residences have 24 hour security for your safety

Hope that has helped, let me know if you have any other queries.

Chris - NTU Rep

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.