Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been on two dates with this girl and I think we're going out again next weekend for dinner.

I'm thinking of buying her some flowers to surprise her as I know most girls like flowers? But I know some don't like them

Should I buy some flowers for her and if so what type? I hope you can help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan13)
    I've been on two dates with this girl and I think we're going out again next weekend for dinner.

I'm thinking of buying her some flowers to surprise her as I know most girls like flowers? But I know some don't like them

Should I buy some flowers for her and if so what type? I hope you can help!!
    Buy her chocolates. No girl can EVER say no to chocolates. Get a box of Thorntons. She'll be over the moon. But of course for courtesy purposes you can get her flowers. Or get her something that you know she's interested in. It's more likely that she'll remember that gift rather than flowers. It's totally up to you, good luck on the date 👍🏼
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's not weird but it's ill-advised as it's hard to predict how the girl will react to the flowers, I've seen this go either way so it's a bit of a risk. Probably a bit cliche too.

Definitely don't give her roses.

ReputationRep:
    One rose is always good. Or some chocolates

ReputationRep:
    I think buying things in general is risky. Some people like gifts and others, like me, would prefer an act of affection instead of gifts. Maybe a single flower if you buy flowers at all. A single one is enough to say a lot of things without overwhelming her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    It's not weird but it's ill-advised as it's hard to predict how the girl will react to the flowers, I've seen this go either way so it's a bit of a risk. Probably a bit cliche too.

Definitely don't give her roses.
    Plus, depending on what you're doing for the date, you've got to carry them around with you (unless you're picking her up from her place).
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
    Plus, depending on what you're doing for the date, you've got to carry them around with you (unless you're picking her up from her place).
    Yeah that's true too.

Flowers are good if they're attached to a specific occasion, like if she was feeling down about an exam or if she injured herself. That makes it more special rather than just attaching it to a date.

ReputationRep:
    Flowers are usually a good thing, but it depends o what you are going to do, as carting flower around all day can get a bit annoying for her. I can honestly say I always love it when I get flowers.

ReputationRep:
    Avoid lilies.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.