Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I'm lucky enough to have been offered an interview at UWS for Mental Health Nursing! It's apparently a group interview and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this, questions asked and what to expect?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Not MH nursing, but I've been invited to interview for Adult Nursing at UWS Paisley and I'm panicking about what to expect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mammmatina)
    Not MH nursing, but I've been invited to interview for Adult Nursing at UWS Paisley and I'm panicking about what to expect
    Congratulations! When your interview? Mine is next week. I ordered one of the books on the recommended list so hopefully that will help with answering any questions 🤓

Not sure if we then go on to have individual interviews as the email only said group interview 🤔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairerebecca)
    Congratulations! When your interview? Mine is next week. I ordered one of the books on the recommended list so hopefully that will help with answering any questions 🤓

Not sure if we then go on to have individual interviews as the email only said group interview 🤔
    Thank you! It's all so exciting, if not absolutely terrifying!
    My interview is December 13th!
    There's no mention of group interviews but a couple of people I've spoken to have said that 3rd years sat in on theirs and had a say in the outcome!

I know last year it was picture cards on a table, everyone had to pick one and relate the picture to care principles I think it was. At the open day they were hinting heavily at 6Cs so I wouldn't be surprised if there's something about that in the interviews.

This is all a pretty big deal for me, a career change after 10 years of dental nursing. I've given up my job, gone back to college on an access course (which I'm loving) and I need to make a success of this!

Best of luck to you! Let us know how you get on!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just about to send my application for the 2018 intake for the Bsc Mental Health Nursing. At the moment I don't have an up to date maths qualification. Completed an HNC this year at 34yrs old, looking for an actual career!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeJaRoAa)
    I'm just about to send my application for the 2018 intake for the Bsc Mental Health Nursing. At the moment I don't have an up to date maths qualification. Completed an HNC this year at 34yrs old, looking for an actual career!
    Good luck for your application! I know there is a simple maths and English test but not sure if that is for everybody or just those without an up to date qualification. I'm sure your HNC would be more than enough! I don't have any science highers but did an anatomy module through my HNC and that seems to have done the trick ⭐️

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping the fact that I've covered Psychodynamic, CBT, Humanistic and Counselling Skills will stand me in good stead! Fingers crossed!

(Original post by clairerebecca)
    Good luck for your application! I know there is a simple maths and English test but not sure if that is for everybody or just those without an up to date qualification. I'm sure your HNC would be more than enough! I don't have any science highers but did an anatomy module through my HNC and that seems to have done the trick ⭐️

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.