Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've only just started university and I have missed most of my lessons. I don't know what to do. Every time I miss one I promise myself that I will go to the next one and this will be the last of me skipping but when it's time deliver I wait to the last minute, it's always 5 more minutes until I have no more minutes. Then rinse and repeat... This has happened my whole life since year 1 when a friend convinced me to fake illness. I want to be a good student but I'm never there to try to be one. In general, i have struggled to leave my house. Simple things like going to the dentist is a struggle. Even though lessons aren't compulsory I want to go since I find it fun but I want to go happily. Sorry if this is written poorly, I just poured it all out, really.

Thanks for reading.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a reason why you don't really want to go?

ReputationRep:
    Well its your choice at the end of the day. Do you want to be at university? Are you being honest with yourself about what you want and do not want for yourself? Is your life aligned with your personal values and ethics, and what you want for your future?

Is it what you are telling yourself or what others are telling you?

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible you're suffering from anxiety with attending? It's something I've struggled with myself and it takes a lot of willpower to get over. I'd suggest going to see the wellbeing service at your university and talking to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EveeyBean)
    Is it possible you're suffering from anxiety with attending? It's something I've struggled with myself and it takes a lot of willpower to get over. I'd suggest going to see the wellbeing service at your university and talking to them.
    Good advice.
    A luring (entrapment) trap is surely the best way to deal with such situations, building ever big cases, finding and making guilt to take power and break people down rather than building them up to fit and ‘be one of us’ is definitely the way forward for society.:bhangra:

ReputationRep:
    yeah just go. sit at the back in corner if necessary. get there 15 mins early. for me uni costs per hour is £35. imagine not going but instead of going to a lecture sitting at home with 7 crisp new £10 notes and cutting each one up one by one. for a while i happened to have £35 in my wallet and i kept it there as it to gave that extra boost to go.

get on no fap

(Original post by catsmeow_at_me)
    Is there a reason why you don't really want to go?
    Sorry for the late replies. This might not be important but I have always been really nervous being at school (I also faked being ill a lot) as well as work (after school in sixth form), I tend to sweat a lot and I also always am worried that I smell bad even when my best friend and family say I don't. I just smell it on me, that may also be why I don't really like going to places I also tend to sit alone when I'm at school or I am constantly watching the person sitting next to me in case they act like I smell bad. But it feels like my main problem is the original post.

(Original post by Lepidolite)
    Well its your choice at the end of the day. Do you want to be at university? Are you being honest with yourself about what you want and do not want for yourself? Is your life aligned with your personal values and ethics, and what you want for your future?

Is it what you are telling yourself or what others are telling you?
    Sorry for the late reply, I do want to be at school and learn and I always have a huge sense of guilt when i don't go but I always convince myself I will go the next day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EveeyBean)
    Thank you and sorry for the late reply, I have always had that problem since year 1, I'm thinking of going to see a professional since I have been talking to counselors since year 10. During a short while in sixth form I was really enjoying going to school and I didn't find it hard at all but I'm back to square one and worse than ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominoes)
    yeah just go. sit at the back in corner if necessary. get there 15 mins early. for me uni costs per hour is £35. imagine not going but instead of going to a lecture sitting at home with 7 crisp new £10 notes and cutting each one up one by one. for a while i happened to have £35 in my wallet and i kept it there as it to gave that extra boost to go.

get on no fap

Don't know what no fap means but I will try and ask thanks. I normally sit away from everyone when I go since that always makes me nervous. Thanks for the money tip too.

BTW to the others who posted, I posted the replies in anonymous so hopefully, you get them soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anlace)
    Don't know what no fap means but I will try and ask thanks. I normally sit away from everyone when I go since that always makes me nervous. Thanks for the money tip too.

BTW to the others who posted, I posted the replies in anonymous so hopefully, you get them soon.
    means quit jerking off. lifes better when quit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.