Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I do attend lectures by the way! However, if the lecture is about pointless things like how to write an assignment or how to critically analyse (I can do this all on Blackboard and I went uni before so I know how to). I just go to the library and focus on other tasks that needs to be completed. At my uni there's a signing in system where you swipe your card. The library also has one so I swipe my student ID to show that I am basically "here", at uni, studying! Does this still count as attendance??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by socialscience92)
    I do attend lectures by the way! However, if the lecture is about pointless things like how to write an assignment or how to critically analyse (I can do this all on Blackboard and I went uni before so I know how to). I just go to the library and focus on other tasks that needs to be completed. At my uni there's a signing in system where you swipe your card. The library also has one so I swipe my student ID to show that I am basically "here", at uni, studying! Does this still count as attendance??
    Ask your uni
    . Some unis do monitor attendance which could effect grades. Not sure why it would effect money though.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    If you're not attending anything, the uni might decide you've dropped out and notify student finance accordingly. Or, if your course has minimum attendance policies you may fall below the required standard. But your loan/grant isn't directly linked to attendance, so if you want to miss lectures you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    If you're not attending anything, the uni might decide you've dropped out and notify student finance accordingly. Or, if your course has minimum attendance policies you may fall below the required standard. But your loan/grant isn't directly linked to attendance, so if you want to miss lectures you can.
    Thank you. I am definitely attending lectures but I will miss one occasionally if I need to do something more important than a two hour lecture on how to write an assignment lol
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.