Aditishembekar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello!
I gave my bmat on Nov 2. I screwed section 1 . Section 2 and 3 were pretty much good. I am expecting 6-8 points in section 2. Given that I have screwed my section one, will I be able to get an offer from Imperial or Oxford( these are the only two universities I have applied to) on the basis of my good score in section 2 and 3?
TheMasterofLife
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aditishembekar)
Hello!
I gave my bmat on Nov 2. I screwed section 1 . Section 2 and 3 were pretty much good. I am expecting 6-8 points in section 2. Given that I have screwed my section one, will I be able to get an offer from Imperial or Oxford( these are the only two universities I have applied to) on the basis of my good score in section 2 and 3?
I don't know about Imperial. But for Oxford, it really depends as 50% weighting is placed on your GCSE attainment (preferably over 9 GCSEs with 100% A*s)
Also, if you did take your GCSEs in a British school and did considerably better than the rest of your year group and are also on par with other applicants with a similar educational background, then you do have a chance, even if you messed up the BMAT. Normally, the contextualised scores work in favour of the low attaining State Comprehensives!

But if you didn't take GCSEs, they expect wonders in terms of the BMAT - like 7/8 in Section 1 and 2, but a 3/3.5 with an A or above will suffice for Section 3. It really depends on your educational background.

But 6-8 on Section 2 is amazing and you should be proud if you do achieve that. You should be good enough if you even choose to apply, so don't fret, concentrate on your A-Levels, or in my case IB, and be prepared for the worst...YES, IT MAY BE A REJECTION...but there are so many paths to Medicine so never worry! If you really want it, you'll find a way to get it
TheMasterofLife
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also why have you only applied to Oxford and Imperial, you should have applied to others...with so much competition, it would have been wise of you to apply for some safe spots - like your back up Universities, perhaps - I presume you did the UKCAT, how did you do there?
Aditishembekar
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheMasterofLife)
Also why have you only applied to Oxford and Imperial, you should have applied to others...with so much competition, it would have been wise of you to apply for some safe spots - like your back up Universities, perhaps - I presume you did the UKCAT, how did you do there?
I haven’t written my UKCAT, and I just happened to read that it’s not safe to choose more than 2 bmat universities. If rejected, no worries, I have certain plans
TheMasterofLife
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
But have you got GCSEs or not? What are your A-level/IB Predictions like? What sort of work experience do you have?
Remix59
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I haven’t written my UKCAT, and I just happened to read that it’s not safe to choose more than 2 bmat universities. If rejected, no worries, I have certain plans
I mean this would apply if you would have sat the UKCAT. In your case it would have been wise to apply to 4 universities.
Aditishembekar
Rep:
?
But have you got GCSEs or not? What are your A-level/IB Predictions like? What sort of work experience do you have?
I am a non EU, non UK student. My syllabi is accepted b the Oxford as well as imperial.
I have had my work experience in a local clinic
Aditishembekar
Rep:
?
All the best to you too!
TheMasterofLife
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am a non EU, non UK student. My syllabi is accepted b the Oxford as well as imperial.
I have had my work experience in a local clinic
I am a non-EU applicant too but I happened to study in the UK until Year 11 and I do IB in India now. If I'm not mistaken, you're Indian too right? (I mean Aditi is quite an Indian name!) Apologies if I'mcompletely off though...

So are you trying out for NEET? I am pretty terrified of writing it as it falls on the same time as my IB exams. I mean if you're CBSE, the process must be easier, I'm guessing...with the NCERT creating the syllabi for both exams.

If you are indeed doing NEET, do you have any tips for me!? I find the whole memorising the textbook quite a difficult method to learn.

Anyways, good luck and hope you do make it!
Aditishembekar
Rep:
?
I am a non-EU applicant too but I happened to study in the UK until Year 11 and I do IB in India now. If I'm not mistaken, you're Indian too right? (I mean Aditi is quite an Indian name!) Apologies if I'mcompletely off though...

So are you trying out for NEET? I am pretty terrified of writing it as it falls on the same time as my IB exams. I mean if you're CBSE, the process must be easier, I'm guessing...with the NCERT creating the syllabi for both exams.

If you are indeed doing NEET, do you have any tips for me!? I find the whole memorising the textbook quite a difficult method to learn.

Anyways, good luck and hope you do make it!
Yeah, I am an Indian . CBSE syllabi. Yes, I am preparing for NEET and AIIMS. For biology, reading NCERT is Enuf. For the others , you cud refer to certain books , along with ncert. Any good book will do, adhere to it strictly. That will help!
username4191920
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey!I’m Indian too and I’m preparing for UKCAT. Did you appear for NEET and BMAT? And did you manage to get into the universities you applied for in UK? Would you recommend preparing for NEET and UKCAT simultaneously?
username4191920
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello!
Hi!
I’m an Indian too and I’m going to give my UKCAT at the end of August. Did you prepare for NEET and BMAT? And did you get accepted into the universities you applied to in UK as well as in India? Would you recommend studying for NEET and UKCAT? And did you join any online courses to prepare for BMAT? Aditishembekar
karthykat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ok please help y'all. I'm a US citizen of Indian origin who studied in a British curriculum school in the Middle East (so many countries in there it could very well be the UN lol ). I've done my iGCSEs and AS and am doing A2 now, but I also want to apply for NEET. I've been trying my best to study off NCERT, but it's, for lack of a better word, hard. as. ****. Please help me and tell me what you guys are doing, because I'm lost and utterly screwed. TheMasterofLife asthakkar14
username4191920
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have quite a lot of friends who complete their IGCSE and then study for NEET but they find it extremely difficult to cope with the syllabus and the type of questions..besides although the prescribed syllabus is NCERT there is a lot of extra things you have to learn in order to deal with the NCERT questions in the paper...so I’d suggest go for it and try to get some help from a teacher if possible...also there are some new laws recently about having a 10th and 12th board certificate from the state where you apply for medical school and you need to be prepared for the huge competition as 13 lakh people give the exam every year...just some things you need to know before you dive into it..good luck @karthykat
Alicia.xx8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by asthakkar14)
Hey!I’m Indian too and I’m preparing for UKCAT. Did you appear for NEET and BMAT? And did you manage to get into the universities you applied for in UK? Would you recommend preparing for NEET and UKCAT simultaneously?
Omg,hi ! I'm an Indian too and, I've my UKCAT exam in less than 15days. Did you sit your UKCAT exam yet ?
username4191920
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Alicia.xx8)
Omg,hi ! I'm an Indian too and, I've my UKCAT exam in less than 15days. Did you sit your UKCAT exam yet ?
Not yet. I'll be giving it on the 15th of september.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.09%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.45%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
43.64%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
23.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.45%

Watched Threads