Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I gave my bmat on Nov 2. I screwed section 1 . Section 2 and 3 were pretty much good. I am expecting 6-8 points in section 2. Given that I have screwed my section one, will I be able to get an offer from Imperial or Oxford( these are the only two universities I have applied to) on the basis of my good score in section 2 and 3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aditishembekar)
    Hello!
    I gave my bmat on Nov 2. I screwed section 1 . Section 2 and 3 were pretty much good. I am expecting 6-8 points in section 2. Given that I have screwed my section one, will I be able to get an offer from Imperial or Oxford( these are the only two universities I have applied to) on the basis of my good score in section 2 and 3?
    I don't know about Imperial. But for Oxford, it really depends as 50% weighting is placed on your GCSE attainment (preferably over 9 GCSEs with 100% A*s)
    Also, if you did take your GCSEs in a British school and did considerably better than the rest of your year group and are also on par with other applicants with a similar educational background, then you do have a chance, even if you messed up the BMAT. Normally, the contextualised scores work in favour of the low attaining State Comprehensives!

But if you didn't take GCSEs, they expect wonders in terms of the BMAT - like 7/8 in Section 1 and 2, but a 3/3.5 with an A or above will suffice for Section 3. It really depends on your educational background.

But 6-8 on Section 2 is amazing and you should be proud if you do achieve that. You should be good enough if you even choose to apply, so don't fret, concentrate on your A-Levels, or in my case IB, and be prepared for the worst...YES, IT MAY BE A REJECTION...but there are so many paths to Medicine so never worry! If you really want it, you'll find a way to get it

ReputationRep:
    Also why have you only applied to Oxford and Imperial, you should have applied to others...with so much competition, it would have been wise of you to apply for some safe spots - like your back up Universities, perhaps - I presume you did the UKCAT, how did you do there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMasterofLife)
    Also why have you only applied to Oxford and Imperial, you should have applied to others...with so much competition, it would have been wise of you to apply for some safe spots - like your back up Universities, perhaps - I presume you did the UKCAT, how did you do there?
    I haven’t written my UKCAT, and I just happened to read that it’s not safe to choose more than 2 bmat universities. If rejected, no worries, I have certain plans

ReputationRep:
    But have you got GCSEs or not? What are your A-level/IB Predictions like? What sort of work experience do you have?

ReputationRep:
    I haven’t written my UKCAT, and I just happened to read that it’s not safe to choose more than 2 bmat universities. If rejected, no worries, I have certain plans
    I mean this would apply if you would have sat the UKCAT. In your case it would have been wise to apply to 4 universities.

ReputationRep:
    I get how nervous you must be feeling. I have applied to Cambridge for Theology this year so I understand and I wish you the best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    But have you got GCSEs or not? What are your A-level/IB Predictions like? What sort of work experience do you have?
    I am a non EU, non UK student. My syllabi is accepted b the Oxford as well as imperial.
    I have had my work experience in a local clinic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophtheelf)
    I get how nervous you must be feeling. I have applied to Cambridge for Theology this year so I understand and I wish you the best of luck!
    All the best to you too!

ReputationRep:
    I am a non EU, non UK student. My syllabi is accepted b the Oxford as well as imperial.
    I have had my work experience in a local clinic
    I am a non-EU applicant too but I happened to study in the UK until Year 11 and I do IB in India now. If I'm not mistaken, you're Indian too right? (I mean Aditi is quite an Indian name!) Apologies if I'mcompletely off though...

So are you trying out for NEET? I am pretty terrified of writing it as it falls on the same time as my IB exams. I mean if you're CBSE, the process must be easier, I'm guessing...with the NCERT creating the syllabi for both exams.

If you are indeed doing NEET, do you have any tips for me!? I find the whole memorising the textbook quite a difficult method to learn.

Anyways, good luck and hope you do make it!

ReputationRep:
    I am a non-EU applicant too but I happened to study in the UK until Year 11 and I do IB in India now. If I'm not mistaken, you're Indian too right? (I mean Aditi is quite an Indian name!) Apologies if I'mcompletely off though...

So are you trying out for NEET? I am pretty terrified of writing it as it falls on the same time as my IB exams. I mean if you're CBSE, the process must be easier, I'm guessing...with the NCERT creating the syllabi for both exams.

If you are indeed doing NEET, do you have any tips for me!? I find the whole memorising the textbook quite a difficult method to learn.

Anyways, good luck and hope you do make it!
    Yeah, I am an Indian . CBSE syllabi. Yes, I am preparing for NEET and AIIMS. For biology, reading NCERT is Enuf. For the others , you cud refer to certain books , along with ncert. Any good book will do, adhere to it strictly. That will help!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.