Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Week 1, day 1, of getting it together.

It is actually Monday of week 7...
    I am a first year undergrad Maths student and I haven't been putting the hours in that I really want to. I wish I could blame an amazing social life but all the hours I have wasted have been spent in bed, binge watching mediocre TV and eating junk food.

My marks on the assignments I have completed so far have been ok, 70-90pc, but everything has been so rushed. I finish a piece of coursework 30 mins before the deadline, regret it, promise myself I will be more organised and then do it all again .

So today I am making a start on breaking the habits. I have my planner, paper and colouring pens. I am working backwards, and putting aside 4-6 hours for each piece of coursework that is due in the next few weeks. I don't actually know how long I spend on coursework as I scribble notes, lose them and then have to restart but I know the final write up can take a while as I am a messy writer/perfectionist (note to self; start using LaTex!)

The reason for starting this blog is accountability. None of you know me and I can be completely honest on here, hopefully without the judgement I would get from my family. Fingers crossed I can pull my finger out, I would like a first for all the debt I will be in :cool:

Week 1, day 2

Bit of a mixed day , I got off to a really good start this morning. But then an engineer came round (I didn't go to the library and stayed in for him) to fix the boiler. After that I took a break and never got back on track. I have a 9am start tomorrow so will stick in the library after and hopeful be productive. Any one else unable to study at home?
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.