Which is the easiest exam board? Watch

hewgcrusty
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
on the contrary, i've always regarded the edexcel maths papers as the hardest out of that, aqa and ocr

I do OCR for sciences + maths, and although the science questions are sometimes a bit weird/very specific, the maths is alright as they mix the harder and easier questions throughout the paper (so timings are easier to stick to etc.)
I did AQA for GCSE and now do OCR for A level and I would probably agree with the fact that OCR lay out their questions in an easy-to-follow manner. However, I think the hardest questions in OCR and AQA papers are usually harder than the Edexcel ones, from my experience at least
That'sGreat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Aimee_98)
I don’t find GCSEs hard, the work you guys did was much easier even our teachers told us. What we learn is what you learn at 17-18, it’s not hard the grade boundaries go up each year because everyone does better.
Lol no. I did 9-1 for both Englishes and Maths and got 9s a by revising the night before. 9-1 is not what we learn at 17-18, it might have a bit (emphasis on a bit) of an overlap, but to equate it to year 12 or Year 13 content is just outright wrong.
ljackson862
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I live in NI so I do CCEA but I know some schools on the mainland do it too. My school does AQA biology and honestly it’s the hardest subject by far. I personally find that the questions are worded in a completely different way to CCEA and find CCEA much easier to know what the question is actually asking you. To be honest most exam boards contain roughly the same content so I think it’s down to how they ask questions and exam technique
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed