Helina291
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there,

I achieved grades ABC at A Level and would like to study Psychology in 2018 and I am currently on a gap year right now.

Will unis accept grades ABC for Psychology with entry requirements of AAB/ABB?

My A grade was in Psychology, B in Photography and C in Maths. I also have a B grade in AS Biology.
ThePsychKid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, sorry you didn't get any responses But I have the same predicted grades and am planning on studying psychology at uni. And I'm having trouble finding a uni that takes a C without the quality of the university being too bad. So what uni did you go to in the end?
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Its possible - but there is a big difference between accepting someone with known grades below the requirements, and someone with lower predictions who still might achieve those requirements in August. Any 'high grade' Uni could rightly maintain that you should now be resitting A levels rather than taking a gap year.

If like the OP you have a low grade Maths result that will also be an issue - Maths is a vital skills for Psych because of stats work. Whilst most Unis specify only a GCSE Maths grade,a low achieved A Level grade would be concerning. The other important point is what grade you have achieved in Psych/another science - having a high grade in an unconnected subject does not compensate for this.

I suggest you email some Unis with a complete list of your qualifications/grades - both GCSEs and A levels - and ask if they would consider you. You will find that Unis asking for UCAS points rather than specific grades are more likely to say Yes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (121)
15.69%
Uncertainty around my education (125)
16.21%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
9.34%
Isolating with family (51)
6.61%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (30)
3.89%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (66)
8.56%
Loneliness (81)
10.51%
Financial worries (32)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (70)
9.08%
Exposure to negative news/social media (50)
6.49%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (73)
9.47%

Watched Threads