Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply for this but have absolutely no idea where to start as I've always stuck to the English side of things, finally come to the conclusion that I want to be a doctor. unfortunately I might have figured out too late because I'm half way through my degree for Law.

It's a total change but I'm determined.. can anyone tell me what this course is like e.g. entry requirements/personal statements/interviews etc.

THANK YOU

ReputationRep:
    If you are currently studying law its best to apply for graduate entry programmes. There are a couple of unis offering those and the general entry requirement is obtaining a 2:1. You also need to sit an entrance exam, either the UKCAT or the GAMSAT, depending of where you want to apply. Generally you will need to do quite well in those tests too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Aysh288)
    I want to apply for this but have absolutely no idea where to start as I've always stuck to the English side of things, finally come to the conclusion that I want to be a doctor. unfortunately I might have figured out too late because I'm half way through my degree for Law.

It's a total change but I'm determined.. can anyone tell me what this course is like e.g. entry requirements/personal statements/interviews etc.

THANK YOU
    How is your title relevant to what you have asked? If you want to do your (post-graduate) Foundation Doctor training in Leeds / Bradford, you will need to get into a medical school first. You will then need to apply, in the middle of your final year of medical school, to the West Yorkshire Foundation School. As far as I have heard, there is good feedback, but I have not trained in that region (I only work there as part of a rotation of specialty training) as a Foundation Year doctor.

I believe if you wanted to do medical school in Leeds - there will be attachments in Bradford, if that's what you mean? Otherwise thinking about Foundation Training for you is literally like thinking >6 years ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecolier)
    How is your title relevant to what you have asked? If you want to do your (post-graduate) Foundation Doctor training in Leeds / Bradford, you will need to get into a medical school first. You will then need to apply, in the middle of your final year of medical school, to the West Yorkshire Foundation School. As far as I have heard, there is good feedback, but I have not trained in that region (I only work there as part of a rotation of specialty training) as a Foundation Year doctor.

I believe if you wanted to do medical school in Leeds - there will be attachments in Bradford, if that's what you mean? Otherwise thinking about Foundation Training for you is literally like thinking >6 years ahead.
    I think OP is asking about the Clinical Science course in Bradford that has an opportunity to transfer to Leeds.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.