Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm currently in my first year at Nottingham and am hoping to stay in catered halls next year. I read somewhere before starting that you can request your old room back but can't see anything about that now - I can just see about requesting a hall. Anyone know how it works??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    So I'm currently in my first year at Nottingham and am hoping to stay in catered halls next year. I read somewhere before starting that you can request your old room back but can't see anything about that now - I can just see about requesting a hall. Anyone know how it works??
    i thought second year students have to move out of halls of residence?

ReputationRep:
    Second year students aren't guaranteed a place but they can request one. There were a small handful of second years in my halls and they generally seemed to get on alright, although it really doesn't appeal to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    I'm a 2nd year in halls though I moved to a different one from the first year. Ignore those who say 2nd years 'aren't allowed' to stay in halls - if anything it's actually promoted because you get to choose the exact hall (unlike 1st years) and request a specific room (the sooner the better). I often get asked in hall why I'm still there (though as said I did move!) but for me the house business, spending time commuting/shopping/cooking/washing up/falling out over washing up didn't appeal to me so...

On the online application form, there should be a space to request your room type, the hall then a room, so if you're happy with your current one then put that in. For me the online form didn't work so I went to the accommodation office and put in a paper form - you could do this ASAP in January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bj1)
    I'm a 2nd year in halls though I moved to a different one from the first year. Ignore those who say 2nd years 'aren't allowed' to stay in halls - if anything it's actually promoted because you get to choose the exact hall (unlike 1st years) and request a specific room (the sooner the better). I often get asked in hall why I'm still there (though as said I did move!) but for me the house business, spending time commuting/shopping/cooking/washing up/falling out over washing up didn't appeal to me so...

On the online application form, there should be a space to request your room type, the hall then a room, so if you're happy with your current one then put that in. For me the online form didn't work so I went to the accommodation office and put in a paper form - you could do this ASAP in January.
    thanks for this - Ive applied to keep my room next year! i did it almost as soon as the form opened online
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 2, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.