Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is she playing me or am I too nice? Watch

ReputationRep:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indyyyy)
    So, a close friend of mine has completely distanced herself away from me starting this year, (we are both retaking year12 atm) and I feel like I follow her every whim. She eventually spoke to me about it after 2 months of denying it when I've asked. I thought we had made up since we addressed some of the issues she has had going on with me and her personal life.
    I came to terms with the fact we were't going to be as close, but I feel like she's dragged me in and spat me out, because now she's being icy and distant again.
    It's in my nature to engage with someone if the reach out but I feel like it's unfair what she's doing.
    Part of me thinks I should just get over it now but if she reaches out again what do I do or say. Because then it'll be made out that I don't want to sort issues.

We've had history ( a bit of a love triangle and I think she thinks I've used her in the past so I'm unsure if this is a sick game to get back at me).

I assume from this scenario, you asked her out and she rejected you. Maybe she's giving you the opportunity to try and get over her but it's done the opposite. Take it as face value, don't overthink it too much. You may be friends again after the awkwardness goes away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I assume from this scenario, you asked her out and she rejected you. Maybe she's giving you the opportunity to try and get over her but it's done the opposite. Take it as face value, don't overthink it too much. You may be friends again after the awkwardness goes away.
    She actually kind of asked me out..and I said I was interested then I wasn't it was all a bit of a miscommunication.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indyyyy)
    She actually kind of asked me out..and I said I was interested then I wasn't it was all a bit of a miscommunication.
    Have you explained to her about the miscommunication yet? She's probably as confused as you are.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.