Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is the Texas gunman not labelled as a terrorist? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stasi UK)
    Daryl Bradford Smith/Eustace Mullins have reams of stuff. Have a look at their YT

Plus there are more well known people like David Icke, Brian Gerrish, Ian Crane who have credible material.

I dunno if you're just a government shill though. But I recommend having a look at those^
    Lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_ambitious)
    "He's not part of a terrorist organisation" many of you would say. But if he was a Muslim person, he'd be labelled straight up "terrorist." So someone please enlighten me and give me reasons why this deluded sick man is not labelled a terrorist.
    That's not true.

There's been many attacks by muslims that have not been labelled as terrorism eg 2009 Fort Hood shooting.

To be a terrorist attack it requires some form of political ideology to be the motivation.

ReputationRep:
    "He's not part of a terrorist organisation" many of you would say. But if he was a Muslim person, he'd be labelled straight up "terrorist." So someone please enlighten me and give me reasons why this deluded sick man is not labelled a terrorist.
    "Terrorist" and "terrorism" have specific meanings, they are not simply people who murder others; there has to be some kind of political or ideological motive for the attack. If there was none then it isn't terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    Question: was he trying to cause political change with his actions?
    Answer YES: Then he's a terrorist.
    Answer NO: Then he's not a terrorist.

It just so happens that Muslim attackers tend to want political changes from their acts, whilst the white guys are just shooting for the hell of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stasi UK)
    Ickey does use some frankly very grandiose symbolism to illustrate political points of view. Nonetheless there is something very inhuman and 'reptilian' about the global elite. Its just an elaborate way of saying that these people have no empathy and essentially see people as being like lab rats. I think reptile is quite a good way of descibing psychopaths like Bill Gates, Prince Phillip and Henry Kissinger. We are in very much a spiritual war; the elite are inherently satanic rather than Christian.
    Whilst amusingly enough i'm not in any overt disagreement on your salient point regarding the character of the aforementioned [except HRH The Duke of Edinburgh] I do find your assertions that these people are mountebanks to be little more than a hoary old chestnut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonsama)
    Learn the meaning of Terrorist and stop whining. Terrorist does not mean "bad man". It means something quite specific. Maybe if it meant what you wish it meant he would be labelled as such, but it doesn't. Granted we don't know his full identity or motivations, but unless his motivations were political, he is not a terrorist.
    Whining? Honey where? I'm bringing up something that happened recently in the news, for you to click on this post and actually and write an irrelevant comment and you still have the audacity and urge to teach me something? lol

ReputationRep:
    You need to look-up the definition of "terrorist" before spouting nonsense.
    • Very Important Poster

The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives" (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

It doesnt look like he fits the definition from what we know. You could have just looked that up.

Lots of the Muslim incidents, then they have been inspired by ISIS or some grudge against the West.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    You need to not comment BS on my thread. You also then want to turn the question around and tell me to look up something? Answer the question and say a point or dont comment at ALL.

ReputationRep:
    You also then want to turn the question around and tell me to look up something? Answer the question and say a point or dont comment at ALL.
    I'll comment when I like, ta. You said:
    So someone please enlighten me and give me reasons why this deluded sick man is not labelled a terrorist.
    So I did:

ReputationRep:
    I'll comment when I like, ta. You said:

So I did:
    Thank you.Were all and refreshed and challenged by your unique point of views and how "smart" you think you are.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.Were all and refreshed and challenged by your unique point of views and how "smart" you think you are.
    If you want to understand why a certain label is not applicable, look-up its definition. It really doesn't require much intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    Come back and talk to me when your I.Q. exceeds your age.
    Try refuting what I have said, rather than ad hominem attacks. That might be a sign of some intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    You need to not comment BS on my thread. You also then want to turn the question around and tell me to look up something? Answer the question and say a point or dont comment at ALL.
    Funny how when people answer your question directly you get all spiteful and pretend they aren't answering your question. You're practically being spoonfed here.

Look, we may not be being polite about it, but your question has been answered. Maybe if your question hadn't been asked a million times before by people too lazy to google the definition of a word, we'd be less unmannerly. Anyhow, you can continue covering your ears and remain wrong for the sake of being adversarial, or you can note that "terrorist" does not mean mass murder, and be right.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. Sometimes idk whether TSR users are being serious or not. Please elaborate is this comment serious?
    He’s being sarcastic
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    He didn't do it to fight against the government or do it to show his political aims like terrorists do. Look at the definition...

ReputationRep:
    People people turn off the television and remove the filter of your cultural and/or religious bias...a terrorist is not someone who prays a religion different to yours or of a darker skin tone.
    A terrorist is someone who uses violence to hurt people or destroy things, can be motivated by hate or to push a certain agenda.
    Your guy is a terrorist.
    • Very Important Poster

I did, but you chose to ignore the answer.

Roger is 100% correct.

You could have fund the answer to your question with a simple google.

IRA= terrorists.
    Oklahoma bombers= terrorists.

Man who falls out with him mother in law doesnt look like a terrorist.
    If they find evidence he fitted the definition of terrorism, then he will be treated accordingly.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.