Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have a chemical engineering interview at Manchester Uni in a couple of days and I have a few questions. What building do you have to turn up to at the beginning of the day? The Mill as it's the departmental building or is there somewhere else you're needed to go to? What was the interview like and how did it go? Did they ask any difficult questions or anything like that?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evan_davies)
    Hi,
    I have a chemical engineering interview at Manchester Uni in a couple of days and I have a few questions. What building do you have to turn up to at the beginning of the day? The Mill as it's the departmental building or is there somewhere else you're needed to go to? What was the interview like and how did it go? Did they ask any difficult questions or anything like that?
    Thanks
    How was it. What type of questions did they ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamzaQureshi777)
    How was it. What type of questions did they ask
    It was alright in the end, got an offer a couple of days after. Just general interview questions on why you want to do the course etc. They will ask you a Maths based but it isn't anything you shouldn't be able to do if you take A level Maths. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    It was alright in the end, got an offer a couple of days after. Just general interview questions on why you want to do the course etc. They will ask you a Maths based but it isn't anything you shouldn't be able to do if you take A level Maths. Hope this helps
    What were your predicted grades

ReputationRep:
    What were your predicted grades
    For the course the entry grades were AAA and my offer was for AAA also, even though my predicted are AAB (I didn't have a so good AS).

ReputationRep:
    For the course the entry grades were AAA and my offer was for AAA also, even though my predicted are AAB (I didn't have a so good AS).
    Ah Ok, how long was the interview and what maths questions did they ask?

ReputationRep:
    Ah Ok, how long was the interview and what maths questions did they ask?
    It was about 10 minutes or so, it was quite relaxed. The questions varied, my question was different to some other people I spoke to. Don't be worried about it, they just want to see that you approach the problem in a logical way and that you have an idea what you're doing, they talk you through the question also.

ReputationRep:
    It was about 10 minutes or so, it was quite relaxed. The questions varied, my question was different to some other people I spoke to. Don't be worried about it, they just want to see that you approach the problem in a logical way and that you have an idea what you're doing, they talk you through the question also.
    Sounds good, I hope you enjoy it. When did you send your application off, was it in mid October time?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.