Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GYG: My Journey to (hopefully) A* A* A Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

I know I am very, very late to the party but I really could use some outlet to motivate myself and what better way to do it than through running this?

Here I'll track my progress right up till results day (I hope!) and we'll see how it goes.

So, here is my current grade breakdown...

Predicted Grades:
    Spoiler:
    Show

English Literature - A*
    History - A*
    French - A

My AS Results:
    Spoiler:
    Show

English Literature - A
    History - A
    French - B (I was rather disappointed as I was only 5 marks off the A grade!)

GCSE Results:
    Spoiler:
    Show

English Literature - A*
    English Language - A*
    Mathematics - A
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A*
    RS - A*
    Music - A
    French - A*
    Geography - A*
    History - A*

Key dates:
    Spoiler:
    Show

English Coursework
    • 500 word extended plan of 5-7 key ideas by the end of November
    • Draft thesis statement to outline the direction of the essay
    • First draft of at least 2000 words (8/01/18)
    • Final draft completion date (5/03/18)

History Coursework
    • First draft of essay (20/11/17)
    • Interim draft with source work (18/12/17)
    • Interim draft with interpretations (15/01/18)
    • Completed version (9/02/18)

As somebody who suffers from anxiety and depression, school can sometimes be very hard for me and I hope that through this I can provide motivation for those who suffer as I do. Stay strong my lovelies! Hoping to have my first update up soon!

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to go into school today due to a personal issue. Therefore, my teachers have sent me the work for today and I'm going to write a to-do list here.

So, in terms of progress I was fairly productive last night and wrote up all of my revision notes for Edward VI's religious policy, now to keep on track with history I need to do my revision notes on the Great Society and the Vietnam War.

To-Do List:
    • Work on Edward VI's reign
    • Work on the Vietnam War
    • Complete French assessment (08/11/17)
    • Finish reading for French (08/11/17)

Aspirational To-Dos:
    • Continue reading for history coursework
    • Plan English literature coursework essay
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tudorfanatic123)
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to go into school today due to a personal issue. Therefore, my teachers have sent me the work for today and I'm going to write a to-do list here.

So, in terms of progress I was fairly productive last night and wrote up all of my revision notes for Edward VI's religious policy, now to keep on track with history I need to do my revision notes on the Great Society and the Vietnam War.
    :console:

Would you like a playlist of Vietnam war songs to get you in the mood?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    :console:

Would you like a playlist of Vietnam war songs to get you in the mood?
    Definitely!! Aha, might actually be able to get through this stack of work that has been set, thank you!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Definitely!! Aha, might actually be able to get through this stack of work that has been set, thank you!

Keep me informed with your blog please,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)

Keep me informed with your blog please,
    Thank you so much! I will!

ReputationRep:

To-Do List:
    • Work on Edward VI's reign
    • Work on the Vietnam War
    • Complete French assessment (08/11/17)
    • Finish reading for French (08/11/17)

Aspirational To-Dos:
    • Continue reading for history coursework
    • Plan English literature coursework essay
    After finding out that we've been given three lessons to complete the notes on Edward VI's reign, I'm fairly happy with my progress as I only have the rebellions and the fall of Somerset to complete before I move onto Northumberland. I also managed to get the bulk of my work on Vietnam done, which included reading up on the role of the media, the My Lai massacre and examining the Walter Cronkite source which I need to finish. I also completed my French assessment, although need to check through it and completed my reading, so all in all it's been a productive day, even if I may have tonsillitis!

I'll probably finish off with completing my own ten most important events in the book we study for French and then continue some reading for my history coursework. I desperately need to complete an essay on Iago for English, however I can't find any inspiration and I already feel awful enough as it is.

As usual, some pictures of my messy desk!

In preparation for tomorrow, I'm going to write another to-do list. (warning, my lists will always be very aspirational!)

To-Do List:
    • Plan English coursework essay
    • Analyse Iago's soliloquy at the end of Act 2, Scene 1 (09/11/17)
    • Complete the past historic tense research for French (10/11/17)
    • Revise the Vietnam War
    • Continue reading and planning for history coursework
    • Amend EPQ logbook after meeting with supervisor and continue to write essay
    • WRITE IAGO ESSAY!

ReputationRep:
    After finding out that we've been given three lessons to complete the notes on Edward VI's reign, I'm fairly happy with my progress as I only have the rebellions and the fall of Somerset to complete before I move onto Northumberland. I also managed to get the bulk of my work on Vietnam done, which included reading up on the role of the media, the My Lai massacre and examining the Walter Cronkite source which I need to finish. I also completed my French assessment, although need to check through it and completed my reading, so all in all it's been a productive day, even if I may have tonsillitis!

I'll probably finish off with completing my own ten most important events in the book we study for French and then continue some reading for my history coursework. I desperately need to complete an essay on Iago for English, however I can't find any inspiration and I already feel awful enough as it is.

As usual, some pictures of my messy desk!

In preparation for tomorrow, I'm going to write another to-do list. (warning, my lists will always be very aspirational!)

To-Do List:
    • Plan English coursework essay
    • Analyse Iago's soliloquy at the end of Act 2, Scene 1 (09/11/17)
    • Complete the past historic tense research for French (10/11/17)
    • Revise the Vietnam War
    • Continue reading and planning for history coursework
    • Amend EPQ logbook after meeting with supervisor and continue to write essay
    • WRITE IAGO ESSAY!
    So...unfortunately I was off school with tonsillitis yesterday so I wasn't able to get much done and pretty much stayed in bed watching Big Rich Texas, which is my new guilty pleasure. Please don't judge! However, I did manage to go through the assigned homework sheet for French and I also made some notes on the past historic tense too. Today I was well enough to go to school (hooray!) and managed to do some more reading for my history coursework, so I'm more comfortable with the direction that I wish to go in.

As well as doing some reading for my history coursework, I also managed to get some more planning down for my English coursework, which is centred "Death of a Salesman" and "The Great Gatsby". I need to have a plan submitted by the end of November before I write my thesis and then I can get on with writing my first draft. I also caught up with my EPQ supervisor, so I can now complete my mid-project review and need to continue writing my essay until I finish!

Therefore, my new to-do list...

To-Do List:
    • Plan English coursework essay (end of November)
    • Revise the Vietnam War
    • Complete first draft for history coursework (20/11/17)
    • Complete mid-project review for EPQ and continue to write essay
    • WRITE IAGO ESSAY!
    • Comparative poetry essay on "Ozymandias of Egypt" and "Sand" (16/11/17)

ReputationRep:
    So...unfortunately I was off school with tonsillitis yesterday so I wasn't able to get much done and pretty much stayed in bed watching Big Rich Texas, which is my new guilty pleasure. Please don't judge! However, I did manage to go through the assigned homework sheet for French and I also made some notes on the past historic tense too. Today I was well enough to go to school (hooray!) and managed to do some more reading for my history coursework, so I'm more comfortable with the direction that I wish to go in.

As well as doing some reading for my history coursework, I also managed to get some more planning down for my English coursework, which is centred "Death of a Salesman" and "The Great Gatsby". I need to have a plan submitted by the end of November before I write my thesis and then I can get on with writing my first draft. I also caught up with my EPQ supervisor, so I can now complete my mid-project review and need to continue writing my essay until I finish!

Therefore, my new to-do list...

To-Do List:
    • Plan English coursework essay (end of November)
    • Revise the Vietnam War
    • Complete first draft for history coursework (20/11/17)
    • Complete mid-project review for EPQ and continue to write essay
    • WRITE IAGO ESSAY!
    • Comparative poetry essay on "Ozymandias of Egypt" and "Sand" (16/11/17)
    Well, after three days I unfortunately haven't been able to do much as I'm STILL ill. I think I can thank my asthma for prolonging this damn cold/flu. I have managed to get some work done and have written up some notes on Vietnam as far as the Tet Offensive - now I just need to go into more detail to make sure that I really have the specifics.

I've made some progress with my dreaded essay on Iago and I've finally nearly finished! Just one last push!

I'm currently working on the first draft of my history coursework and I think it's going alright, I'm trying to take my coursework slowly, doing it bit by bit so I don't overwhelm myself. However, I also need to do some research for my French project too!

Today I received the dates of my mock exams which will be in January - they are all very close together so it's quite daunting and after working out a few numbers, I've realised that my French Reading, Listening and Writing exam will be three hours long. This is then followed by a nearly two hour long English exam, so my hand is going to fall off!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.