The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Chances of being accepted at LSE MSc economics Programme

Hello Everyone,
I have applied to the Msc Economics programme at LSE, have submitted my application on the 27th October and got my LSE ID on the 30th.
I am a student at Jadavpur University, Calcutta India, studying B.A Economics Honours and have secured 70% until now, which is a predicted first class honours but is a borderline percentage as per LSE's requirement for the above programme. I have also secured 1st position in a financial olympiad conducted in my university.
GRE: 167 Quants, 153 in Verbal.
Extracurriculars, Couple of internships with NGO's and a couple of online trainings in data analytics.
So, if anyone could help me with my chances of being accepted , it would be of great help.

Sorry for the rather long message.
In terms of academics, as long as you have met the entry requirements posted on the website, you stand a chance. Once you meet the requirements they dont look into your academics. Your GRE score seems to be good enough.
The most important factors are your work experience and your personal statement. LSE masters students tend to have alot of work experience. But tbh an amazing personal statement can offset all of that. I know many people who dont look good on paper but have gotten into LSE because their PS was stellar. So as long as you've written a solid PS demonstrating your passion for Econ and you've met the entry requirements, you stand a chance
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Phillycheese123
In terms of academics, as long as you have met the entry requirements posted on the website, you stand a chance. Once you meet the requirements they dont look into your academics. Your GRE score seems to be good enough.
The most important factors are your work experience and your personal statement. LSE masters students tend to have alot of work experience. But tbh an amazing personal statement can offset all of that. I know many people who dont look good on paper but have gotten into LSE because their PS was stellar. So as long as you've written a solid PS demonstrating your passion for Econ and you've met the entry requirements, you stand a chance

Thanks.

Quick Reply