Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Today in class i was talking to a friend and she mentioned she's grade 5 piano etc. Eventhough i do attend clubs at school, i feel as though im not doing enough extracurricular subjects. I dont play an instrument as extravagant as piano or violin but i did self tech myself the ukulele. Also for somewhere like Oxbridge they want that range and everything. I attend badminton club , athletics club and journalism club. Not only this, but i do quite a lot of STEM related projects at school etc. Do you think its enough Sorry to bother anyone! Xxx(in yr 10 btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.N123)
    Also for somewhere like Oxbridge they want that range and everything
    Why do you think that? They don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    Why do you think that? They don't.
    Oh sorry i thought they wanted a balance of extracurricular so it wasnt just grades and academics etc. If you dont mind me asking, what extracurricular do(or did) you do? Xxx

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry i thought they wanted a balance of extracurricular so it wasnt just grades and academics etc. If you dont mind me asking, what extracurricular do(or did) you do? Xxx
    I started 30 years ago, so it's not the most relevant, but did no ECs outside of computing.

What subject(s) are you wanting to apply to read?

To quote Oxford:
    (Original post by https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/entrance-requirements?wssl=1)
    Extra-curricular activities are only relevant if they help to demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    I started 30 years ago, so it's not the most relevant, but did no ECs outside of computing.

What subject(s) are you wanting to apply to read?

To quote Oxford:
    Im aiming to study Medicine at Cambridge. Currently at school we're doing 2 science competitions and im doing some volunteering at a local charity shops. Also looking into some work experience at my local gp or hospital xxxxx
    Another question soz: If you dont mind me asking, what uni did you go to?

ReputationRep:
    Im aiming to study Medicine at Cambridge. Currently at school we're doing 2 science competitions and im doing some volunteering at a local charity shops. Also looking into some work experience at my local gp or hospital xxxxx
    Medicine at Cambridge may be different, so it's best to get specific advice for that.

Another question soz: If you dont mind me asking, what uni did you go to?
    Oxford.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.