The Student Room Group

Extracurricular activites

Today in class i was talking to a friend and she mentioned she's grade 5 piano etc. Eventhough i do attend clubs at school, i feel as though im not doing enough extracurricular subjects. I dont play an instrument as extravagant as piano or violin but i did self tech myself the ukulele. Also for somewhere like Oxbridge they want that range and everything. I attend badminton club , athletics club and journalism club. Not only this, but i do quite a lot of STEM related projects at school etc. Do you think its enough Sorry to bother anyone! Xxx(in yr 10 btw)
Original post by A.N123
Also for somewhere like Oxbridge they want that range and everything

Why do you think that? They don't.
Original post by RogerOxon
Why do you think that? They don't.

Oh sorry i thought they wanted a balance of extracurricular so it wasnt just grades and academics etc. If you dont mind me asking, what extracurricular do(or did) you do? Xxx:biggrin:
Original post by A.N123
Oh sorry i thought they wanted a balance of extracurricular so it wasnt just grades and academics etc. If you dont mind me asking, what extracurricular do(or did) you do? Xxx:biggrin:

I started 30 years ago, so it's not the most relevant, but did no ECs outside of computing.

What subject(s) are you wanting to apply to read?

To quote Oxford:
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/entrance-requirements?wssl=1
Extra-curricular activities are only relevant if they help to demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Original post by RogerOxon
I started 30 years ago, so it's not the most relevant, but did no ECs outside of computing.

What subject(s) are you wanting to apply to read?

To quote Oxford:

Im aiming to study Medicine at Cambridge. Currently at school we're doing 2 science competitions and im doing some volunteering at a local charity shops. Also looking into some work experience at my local gp or hospital xxxxx
Another question soz: If you dont mind me asking, what uni did you go to?
:biggrin:
Original post by A.N123
Im aiming to study Medicine at Cambridge. Currently at school we're doing 2 science competitions and im doing some volunteering at a local charity shops. Also looking into some work experience at my local gp or hospital xxxxx

Medicine at Cambridge may be different, so it's best to get specific advice for that.

Another question soz: If you dont mind me asking, what uni did you go to?
:biggrin:

Oxford.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending