Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I started university in September and for a number of reasons I am not happy with my current situation.
    At this point it is my intention to see this first year out before starting again with the same subject at a university closer to home. I received an offer from the university I would like to start again at when I applied last year but declined it (obviously which I now regret).
    Am I right in thinking that the correct way to go about this is to create a new UCAS account and applying from scratch? If so should I make any mention of my prior offer from them?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend calling the university you would like to go to and ask them if it is possible to transfer. And if so , you need to inform your current university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayN_0)
    I would recommend calling the university you would like to go to and ask them if it is possible to transfer. And if so , you need to inform your current university
    I considered this but thought it would be a bit late now to transfer.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, same situation, I've already applied tho, but it's pretty much a university by university case. Some accept transfers (the uni I applied to doesn't), some do, some don't even consider your application if you're at another university in the UK. Call/email the uni, emailing might be better because then you'll have a written proof of their answer.

Sidenote: my situation is a bit different, I'm not at uni in the UK but in the Netherlands
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by catbrooo)
    I started university in September and for a number of reasons I am not happy with my current situation.
    At this point it is my intention to see this first year out before starting again with the same subject at a university closer to home. I received an offer from the university I would like to start again at when I applied last year but declined it (obviously which I now regret).
    Am I right in thinking that the correct way to go about this is to create a new UCAS account and applying from scratch? If so should I make any mention of my prior offer from them?
    Thanks
    Your previous offer is gone so there's no point mentioning it.

You need to make a new ucas account and reapply. You'll also need a new personal statement and reference, although you can reuse parts of your old personal statement if you wish.

You can contact the uni and ask if they will allow you to transfer into second year if you wish. This isn't always possible, but if it is you'll save a year.

ReputationRep:
    I considered this but thought it would be a bit late now to transfer.
    Best option is to call the university to check.
    You may be able to transfer at the end of you first year, but if it may depend on the university
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Thanks
    Have a read of the Transfer FAQ thread at the top of the Applications, Clearing and UCAS forum The first post explains exactly what you need to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    but if it is you'll save a year.
    And £9250, which may be a nice saving

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.