Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are generally considered the most difficult type of roads to learn to drive on? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Curious what people think. In terms of type I mean for instance city centre, rural, suburbs etc.

ReputationRep:
    City centre's tend to be busier, hence people usually feel more pressured and less confident. Especially at busy city roundabouts and junctions. Suburbs and rural areas are easier however if rural areas have lesser developed roads (e.g country lanes) you have to be more careful.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I feel that country roads (B roads) are the hardest to drive on, at least where I live
    No verges, narrow lanes, sharp bends can easily catch you out if you're not paying attention.
    Sharp deviation signs are the bane of my life tbh, sometimes its on a corner that can comfortably be taken at 50mph, sometimes its for a corner that you need to slow right down to 30 for

ReputationRep:
    Probably city centres and *****y country B or D roads. Each is difficult for a different reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T_B_N.)
    Curious what people think. In terms of type I mean for instance city centre, rural, suburbs etc.
    City centres (especially ancient ones) with tiny crossroads that are always ram packed w/ poor visibility instead of roundabouts are extremely difficult for me, especially because I did my driving tuition in a new town where roundabouts are more common making things a lot easier.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.