Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Another generic post on UK gun law, what do you think on the British approach? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So i was just playing my delightfully quaint game Boom Beach on the iphone adn embedded within the game is a chat function so you can talk to other members of your task force. The majority of my task force comrades are American and inlight of the recent shooting in Texas a lot of the remarks were on gun laws with one striking me quite quaintly
    'look at england to see what happens when citizens are disarmed. not good at all'
    I found it interesting that they seem to think since Britain 'disarmed' its citizens after two massacres we are somehow worse off...
    What do you lot think on it?
    I mean personally i have no objections persay to the current gun laws, i do mildly object to the ban on hand guns for any reason.. I see no reason why they cant be governed in the same manner as rifles or restricted only to military ranges but hey ho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    So i was just playing my delightfully quaint game Boom Beach on the iphone adn embedded within the game is a chat function so you can talk to other members of your task force. The majority of my task force comrades are American and inlight of the recent shooting in Texas a lot of the remarks were on gun laws with one striking me quite quaintly
    'look at england to see what happens when citizens are disarmed. not good at all'
    I found it interesting that they seem to think since Britain 'disarmed' its citizens after two massacres we are somehow worse off...
    What do you lot think on it?
    I mean personally i have no objections persay to the current gun laws, i do mildly object to the ban on hand guns for any reason.. I see no reason why they cant be governed in the same manner as rifles or restricted only to military ranges but hey ho.
    Not good at all? LMAO the USA has 32.57/mill deaths with fire arms while we (UK) have 0.236/mill. They have x138 more than the UK lol. I feel sorry for their way of thinking.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuttyy)
    Not good at all? LMAO the USA has 32.57/mill deaths with fire arms while we (UK) have 0.236/mill. They have x138 more than the UK lol. I feel sorry for their way of thinking.
    He went on to say everyone should carry weapons and qualified he carries a cx4 in his truck at all times :rolleyes: they seem to mistake cause and effect and accidentally reverse it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.