Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Never been on a relationship? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone in here had never been in a relationship or had never been approached by their opposite sex?

I had a slight connection from a boy in my class in primary school but I wouldn’t necessary call it as a progress of going into a relationship since we were young and never shown any signs of dating... except that we both know we like each other but had never admitted/confessed with each other only to be found out by the people on our class. He didn’t made a move on me and so was me. I’m now 17 and still never had a bf...

What do you think?

I have never been in a relationship, 17 isn't bad, try being 22 lol but yeah I worry a lot now, when I was 17 I was like I'm fine, I'm young, which is true, so don't worry.
    I've had guys approach me, but mostly in the club and they come off a bit creepy. Also older creepy men approach me in the day time , idk soon I hope I'll meet someone.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have never been in a relationship, 17 isn't bad, try being 22 lol but yeah I worry a lot now, when I was 17 I was like I'm fine, I'm young, which is true, so don't worry.
    I've had guys approach me, but mostly in the club and they come off a bit creepy. Also older creepy men approach me in the day time , idk soon I hope I'll meet someone.
    This feels like my favourite post ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeojangjeojang)
    Is anyone in here had never been on a relationship or had never been approached by their opposite sex?

I had a slight connection from a boy in my class in primary school but I wouldn’t necessary call it as a progress of going into a relationship since we were young and never shown any signs of dating... except that we both know we like each other but had never admitted/confessed with each other only to be found out by the people on our class. He didn’t made a move on me and so was me. I’m now 17 and still never had a bf...

What do you think?
    Living on planet Earth as a man for 24 years. Never had a girlfriend in my life and never been in a relationship.

What I think of your situation? It's a good situation, make the most of it! If you like him go for it. If for whatever reason you get rejected don't worry. Age is just a number - trust me. I'm 24. People say a sorts to me, as if I give a ****. So many other things to achieve in life before a relationship. I would have not got a First Class degree if I had a girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    Same here. I am a 24 year old who like yourself have never been in a relationship. Never had a girlfriend - I guess it was down to the situations I have been in. I went to an all-boy high school - I regret it but my parents wanted me there. University was my first encounter of girls but when I was at uni all I ever wanted was a FIRST CLASS DEGREE. DID ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING FOR IT, AND THAT MEANT NO SERIOUS RELATIONSHIPS.

Now, I'm willing to get a girlfriend AFTER I sort out my other personal **** like getting a job

(Original post by Salt Queen)
    This feels like my favourite post ever
    Ahaha, why is that?

I was 18 when I had my first relationship. I wouldn't worry so much at the moment, a lot of people are in the same position as you. You don't want to force yourself to pretend to like someone just to fulfil that need for a boyfriend. The right person will come along in time. I would prioritise myself with other things in my life at the moment - friends, schoolwork, family and planning my career for the future.

ReputationRep:
    Please don't rush into a relationship. I've been in a similar position to you, but I regret jumping into a relationship. When the right guy is there, you will know. Don't get into a relationship for the sake of having one, because trust me, you will regret it.

I had my first bf at 17, and I was not in the right place to have a relationship. I wanted to just feel wanted and loved, so I ended up with a guy I knew wasn't right for me since the beginning. I relied on the relationship as an escape from my (*****y) reality and as a source of happiness, but the relationship made me far from happy - it broke my confidence. The guy was an ******** for many, many reasons: he made me more insecure because of his *****y comments, he was immature (despite being older than me), disrespectful and put zero effort into the relationship. I look back and cringe how I begged him to stay at times when our r/s was on the rocks and when we broke up. I couldn't be happier that I'm out of the hell I was in, and that I've realised how much better I could do - physically and personality wise. Use this as what not to do

tl;dr Don't rush into anything, enjoy being single and just focus on yourself. The right person will come when you least expect it. You're still very young

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone in here had never been on a relationship or had never been approached by their opposite sex?
    You must be new here to feel the need to ask this - ah, Nov 2017.

ReputationRep:
    My first relationship I was just turning 17 and that was considered normal A lot of my friends didn't have their first relationship till late teens/early 20's, and they were all considered normal so don't worry!

ReputationRep:

What do you think?
    21 and still alone. Don’t care. Doesn’t bother me.

ReputationRep:
    I’m 18 and I’ve never had a boyfriend either! Only had my first kiss not that long ago😂 I wouldn’t recommend using online dating though, I’ve had a LOT of d*ck pics😂😂

ReputationRep:
    I've never been on a relationship but I have been under and above one. Not sure about beside though, have you been next to one? Some of my friends have been between a relationship and some have been beneath, but I've never seen anyone within a relationship. They do wonder what it would be like to be inside a relationship but sometimes relationships aren't meant to be experienced across.

Spoiler:
    Show

I like me some prepositions :awesome:

I hope you’ll find your right one soon.

Not seeing anyone who have a potential feelings or interests to me affects my self- confidence. It makes me feel insecure about my looks and character and make me hate myself even more. More than dating, i just want to find someone who could appreciate me but I don’t necessarily feel the urge to date them.- tbh im not that desperate to date someone, most of the time I’m too lazy to make an effort to talk to someone. The last guy I liked was 3 years ago and few months before that, most of the guys i liked didn’t took a year. The longest I had was in primary school for 4 years the one I mentioned on the description.

ReputationRep:
    That's why then. Hard to be ON a relationship

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Tbf I am glad i'm not in a relationship for now. Might as well go out there and find someone who I truly like and can live with. Don't want to get into a relationship which isn't for me and then come out of it hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha, why is that?
    Because you wrote my soul. Basically I relate haha.

(Original post by kxtieblog)
    I’m 18 and I’ve never had a boyfriend either! Only had my first kiss not that long ago😂 I wouldn’t recommend using online dating though, I’ve had a LOT of d*ck pics😂😂
    This is a one big revelation 😂
    Thanks for the tip lol

ReputationRep:
    I was 18 when I had my first relationship. I wouldn't worry so much at the moment, a lot of people are in the same position as you. You don't want to force yourself to pretend to like someone just to fulfil that need for a boyfriend. The right person will come along in time. I would prioritise myself with other things in my life at the moment - friends, schoolwork, family and planning my career for the future.
    Thanks. Personally, besides getting low attention from boys, I also have high standards so we’re both making walls which stops us from reaching each other 😂
    I’ve liked different guys from the past but I never imagined dating them until this time, I can’t imagine a relationship with the guys on my 6th form.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.