Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone previously been to a BT graduate assessment centre and can advise me on how best to prepare and activities of the day?

Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r-t)
    Has anyone previously been to a BT graduate assessment centre and can advise me on how best to prepare and activities of the day?

Thanks
    Have a look through the responses on Glassdoor, there's a few people who've posted their experience and may be useful to you.
    https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Intervie...0,2_KO3,21.htm

ReputationRep:
    Hi There, are you going to be attending an assessment centre for the 2018 intake of graduates? If so, me too

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!

I've also progressed to this stage, I believe they have details on their website, along with graduate reviews from wikijobs & graduate.com that are pretty decent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylgard21)
    Hi There, are you going to be attending an assessment centre for the 2018 intake of graduates? If so, me too
    Congrats!

Same! How are you preparing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise_Girl)
    Congrats!

Same! How are you preparing?
    Congrats too! Im just finding out as much as I can about assessment centres and how to succeed in them haha! Fingers crossed! Have you been told when and where your AC is yet?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats too! Im just finding out as much as I can about assessment centres and how to succeed in them haha! Fingers crossed! Have you been told when and where your AC is yet?
    Ive not yet, got an email saying il get a call, how about yourself? & did you apply for the Business scheme?

Also sounds fair haha, I have been searching pretty much the same thing, they have details & reviews by previous students if you google that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise_Girl)
    Ive not yet, got an email saying il get a call, how about yourself? & did you apply for the Business scheme?

Also sounds fair haha, I have been searching pretty much the same thing, they have details & reviews by previous students if you google that!
    Yeah thats the same for me. I applied for the finance scheme.

Yeah ive had a look on google

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats the same for me. I applied for the finance scheme.

Yeah ive had a look on google
    Mines the sales scheme, goodluck to us both!

ReputationRep:
    I have also replied and received an invite for the project management scheme, have you heard a date yeT?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats everyone on progressing! I have an AC on Wednesday for the Marketing Grad Scheme, is anybody else attending this one?

ReputationRep:
    I am! In london?

ReputationRep:
    I hope the timing of the assessment centre is better than BT's usual timekeeping- we'll come between 8 and 1 is an approximation not an appointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NO12345)
    I am! In london?
    Yay! Yes in London, is yours too?

ReputationRep:
    Yes this Wednesday coming! Have they told you anything about preparing a presentation? because some online forums say others had to do this but I have not been told to prepare anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NO12345)
    Yes this Wednesday coming! Have they told you anything about preparing a presentation? because some online forums say others had to do this but I have not been told to prepare anything?
    Yeah I was confused about that too! When I spoke to the lady on the phone, she said that there will be 4 tasks on the day. Nothing to prepare beforehand i.e. presentation. I also spoke to one of our alum's who is on their grad scheme atm and she says they've changed one of their tasks so I'm guessing it is probably that? Or perhaps they will give us time to prepare one on the day?

ReputationRep:
    When did you hear about your assessment centre from getting the email progressing to the next stage? Well done guys 💃😁😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BombayBicycleClub)
    When did you hear about your assessment centre from getting the email progressing to the next stage? Well done guys 💃😁😊
    I got a phone call! Was about 3 weeks after I'd done the video interview I think.. Ah thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok I've had an email saying someone will be in contact but just wondering how long that process took :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJJ_96)
    Congrats everyone on progressing! I have an AC on Wednesday for the Marketing Grad Scheme, is anybody else attending this one?
    Yes, I'm attending tomorrow too! Do you know anything more about the AC?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.