Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to tell a boy your not ready to meet him yet? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I don’t want to keep posting. So the last 2 days I’ve been talking to this boy that I knew years ago in primary school but haven’t seen or spoken to him for like 5 years. I like him but I don’t know how I would tell my mother that Im seeing someone because I don’t feel comfortable talking to her about that. Also I feel like he could do a lot better than me and I feel like he is taking the piss out of me so I would want to wait a bit to see if he is actually interested. Also I have social anxiety and I’m fine talking on Facebook but in person I would feel so awkward and would struggle to talk (especially as he is like the intimidating- streetwise boy if you get what I mean) he was nice enough when I used to know him though. Yesterday he asked if I want to meet up soon. I haven’t opened his message I can just see it because it’s on Facebook. What Can I say to show that I am interested but not ready to meet up? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel... just tell him you'd like to but if you could facetime/ call first. This will let you see what he's really like and if you two 'click'. It
    also means that when and if you do meet in the future then you will know what to expect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onceandnever)
    I know exactly how you feel... just tell him you'd like to but if you could facetime/ call first. This will let you see what he's really like and if you two 'click'. It
    also means that when and if you do meet in the future then you will know what to expect
    Thank you. I don’t like talking on the phone 😂 after a bit of time I can but do you think it’s acceptable to ask if we can just talk on Facebook for a bit? Also, even though I haven’t seen him for years, he used to be my BF when I was like 10 haha

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.