Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Opinion on Palestine and Israel Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What your opinion on the conflict. Please stay away from arguments and respect peoples opinions, whatever country they support. I am Palestinian myself. i am a sunni muslim and i used to be a orthodox Christian . My name used to be Barak. I just wanted to see peoples opinion on the countries.

THANKS

Siraj

ReputationRep:
    There should be two states. One for Palestine and one for Isreal.

ReputationRep:
    The Israelis are thieving murderous squatters, eject them. Not to mention they have a proven record of aggressive expansionism and a predisposition to commit war crimes at any available opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omzie)
    There should be two states. One for Palestine and one for Isreal.
    ok,why is that? do you think they should live in peace, in different countries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    The Israelis are thieving murderous squatters, eject them. Not to mention they have a proven record of aggressive expansionism and a predisposition to commit war crimes at any available opportunity.
    I can understand your anger, do you think there should be 2 states or 1? If we eject the Israelis, where should they go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Westham315)
    ok,why is that? do you think they should live in peace, in different countries?
    Population: 2,731,052 (July 2014 est.) including East Jerusalem[25] population in the West Bank, including Jews. 83% of the population is Palestinian Arab, 17% is Jewish.[25]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr...an_territories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omzie)
    Population: 2,731,052 (July 2014 est.) including East Jerusalem[25] population in the West Bank, including Jews. 83% of the population is Palestinian Arab, 17% is Jewish.[25]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr...an_territories
    There is a lot more Arabs than Israelis yet Israelis a bigger land than Palestine?

ReputationRep:
    Israel are an evil country who have simply walked into Palestine, created illegal settlements and ethnically cleansed the Palestinians from their homeland. The claim that the land was given to them by God many years ago is not a valid excuse to commit these atrocities.

What's also disturbing is how no one is doing anything about it to stop Israel continuing this **** (this is absolutely ongoing).

It is also crazy how anyone can defend Israel's actions, if they know the full story of what has happened / is happening.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I can understand your anger, do you think there should be 2 states or 1? If we eject the Israelis, where should they go?
    I meanon an intelectual level I feel the Israelis should be ejected from the land they stole. On the other hand its completely impractical to deport people in such a manner so i'd settle for the original boarder and the removal of all the squatters in the settlements. I mean i recently came back from Lebanon where I was working in the Palestinian Refugee camps, it was heinous was had been done to them. I also saw the aftermath of the destruction wreaked in '06 across southern Lebanon and Beirut- indeed there was an interesting museum run by Hezbollah in Mleeta [you do have to see through some of the propaganda but none the less]
    But as you mentio in your last point, where could the israelis be removed to? Its a hard question with a hard answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaz254)
    Israel are an evil country who have simply walked into Palestine, created illegal settlements and ethnically cleansed the Palestinians from their homeland. The claim that the land was given to them by God many years ago is not a valid excuse to commit these atrocities.

What's also disturbing is how no one is doing anything about it to stop Israel continuing this **** (this is absolutely ongoing).

It is also crazy how anyone can defend Israel's actions, if they know the full story of what has happened / is happening.
    (Original post by Napp)
    I meanon an intelectual level I feel the Israelis should be ejected from the land they stole. On the other hand its completely impractical to deport people in such a manner so i'd settle for the original boarder and the removal of all the squatters in the settlements. I mean i recently came back from Lebanon where I was working in the Palestinian Refugee camps, it was heinous was had been done to them. I also saw the aftermath of the destruction wreaked in '06 across southern Lebanon and Beirut- indeed there was an interesting museum run by Hezbollah in Mleeta [you do have to see through some of the propaganda but none the less]
    But as you mentio in your last point, where could the israelis be removed to? Its a hard question with a hard answer.
    I have a solution.it is not mine. It was my dads before he became a martyr but he called it as the 'peaceful solution'. He talked about having a free Palestine, with any religion, christian, Muslim, Jew, etc. He said that they would all live in a free Palestine and instead of ejecting them we could teach everyone to live peacefully. Anyone could run for president and no racism could exist. He promised me this would happen and one day i will return to a free Palestine and i will go to my Dads and everyone's grave and tell them that their land is finally free.Everyone will live in peace.

Siraj

ReputationRep:
    I have a solution.it is not mine. It was my dads before he became a martyr but he called it as the 'peaceful solution'. He talked about having a free Palestine, with any religion, christian, Muslim, Jew, etc. He said that they would all live in a free Palestine and instead of ejecting them we could teach everyone to live peacefully. Anyone could run for president and no racism could exist.
    A utopia sounds nice in theory, but in practice, the Israelis are nationalists and their whole goal is to create a Jewish homeland full of Jews where they control everything. The ideal solution for them is to ethnically cleanse all Palestians so they get their ethnostate.

ReputationRep:
    I have a solution.it is not mine. It was my dads before he became a martyr but he called it as the 'peaceful solution'. He talked about having a free Palestine, with any religion, christian, Muslim, Jew, etc. He said that they would all live in a free Palestine and instead of ejecting them we could teach everyone to live peacefully. Anyone could run for president and no racism could exist. He promised me this would happen and one day i will return to a free Palestine and i will go to my Dads and everyone's grave and tell them that their land is finally free.Everyone will live in peace.

Siraj
    In theory not a bad idea at all, the practicalities of it i find dubious unfortunately.
    The nationalist right wing israelis feel the land in the west bank is ordained by god to be theirs and sod anyone living on it. Alas it stems from the creation of creation of israel where people like A. Aaronsohn went on record as saying the indigenous arabs needed to be removed and replaced with the jews.
    One argument i always found deeply saddening was when they said that Palestine was but a barren waste land before it was pinched and as they have now turned it into the land of milk and honey they have proved they are more deserving, its a terribly depressing and fallacious arguement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    In theory not a bad idea at all, the practicalities of it i find dubious unfortunately.
    The nationalist right wing israelis feel the land in the west bank is ordained by god to be theirs and sod anyone living on it. Alas it stems from the creation of creation of israel where people like A. Aaronsohn went on record as saying the indigenous arabs needed to be removed and replaced with the 'civilized' jews.
    One argument i always found deeply saddening was when they said that Palestine was but a barren waste land before it was pinched and as they have now turned it into the land of milk and honey they have proved they are more deserving, its a terribly depressing and fallacious arguement.
    I can understand what you are saying.Of course, everything works in theory. In real life, everything has faults. If we have help from other countries,instead of critics saying Hamas is bad.

Hamas is only defending what is left of my poor country. After i finish my studies i will go home and fight, not with a gun, but with words. I will fight and if so be it,i will be killed like my dad.

The fact is, i have no problem with Jews but Israel is what i have a problem with. Israelis the reason i have no dad, no mum, no family, no country and have to hide behind a country and cannot stand up and be firm about mine.

Sadly, nothing works on theory but i will make it work, i will strive for it and if death does me first,so be it.

But Israel must go, regardless of anything. Arabs used to own the land and if Jews continue, they will eradicate my race.

The big Muslim countries will only turn when they see Al aqsa Mosque being destroyed (god forbid) by them. Innocent blood is being shed every day for land, my dad and so many more. All Arabs want is peace. Thy want no Israeli blood. They want peace.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand what you are saying.Of course, everything works in theory. In real life, everything has faults. If we have help from other countries,instead of critics saying Hamas is bad.

Hamas is only defending what is left of my poor country. After i finish my studies i will go home and fight, not with a gun, but with words. I will fight and if so be it,i will be killed like my dad.

The fact is, i have no problem with Jews but Israel is what i have a problem with. Israelis the reason i have no dad, no mum, no family, no country and have to hide behind a country and cannot stand up and be firm about mine.

Sadly, nothing works on theory but i will make it work, i will strive for it and if death does me first,so be it.

But Israel must go, regardless of anything. Arabs used to own the land and if Jews continue, they will eradicate my race.

The big Muslim countries will only turn when they see Al aqsa Mosque being destroyed (god forbid) by them. Innocent blood is being shed every day for land, my dad and so many more. All Arabs want is peace. Thy want no Israeli blood. They want peace.
    I completely agree with you.
    If i might ask, what happened to your father? You said he was martyred?
    Thats something cute almost, people who criticize the israelis are branded anti-Semites these days. It shows an alarming ignorance in the general populace.
    The best of luck to you and your people though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    I completely agree with you.
    If i might ask, what happened to your father? You said he was martyred?
    Thats something cute almost, people who criticize the israelis are branded anti-Semites these days. It shows an alarming ignorance in the general populace.
    The best of luck to you and your people though.
    My father was killed while i was at school. He was a very quiet man, he never got involved in protests. He finished work In Gaza, he worked as a baker and was going home.He was in the middle of the protest on the streets of Gaza and was trying to get though to go home. He had to go through the front to get through. An Israeli pushed him with a riot shield and started beating him. He laid unconscious and a man called abdullah tried to help him. By the time they got him a doctor, he died as the pig hit him the head(temple), he died.

I got home and he was not there.I searched for him for 2 hours.I found someone and they told me my dad was being treated. When i got there, a white cloth was over him.I went into shock and blanked out.I woke up the next day and the man, Abdullah explained to me what happened. I could eat for 2 days or speak, I didn't even get to say goodbye to my dad. When he sent me to school that day, the final thing he always said was "shine,Shine bright". I keep the very words round me on a necklace till this day.

May he rest in peace forever. Thats why im determined for a free Palestine so everyone can shine.

ReputationRep:
    Isisrael is a rogue state. End to aparthied!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by user2223)
    Isisrael is a rogue state. End to aparthied!
    ok, thank you for your opinion.

(Original post by Chaz254)

Because:

1) The holocaust
      2) America is on their side
      3) Nobody really cares about Palestinians anyway

I'm not taking a side on whether Israel is an evil oppressor or a rightful state, but those are the reasons (mainly the first) why Israel is not often criticised by Western leaders.

ReputationRep:
      democratic if not what about dictatorship would be brilliant solution just like Syria and Iraq was man those countries people who are different cultures lived together and today they all became factions.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
      Because:

1) The holocaust
      2) America is on their side
      3) Nobody really cares about Palestinians anyway

I'm not taking a side on whether Israel is an evil oppressor or a rightful state, but those are the reasons (mainly the first) why Israel is not often criticised by Western leaders.
      OK, thank you. People may disagree with the 3rd point saying that the UN, regardably one of the biggest humanitarian organisations is against Israel and has sanctioned them on many occasions.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.