Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Two countries with a bunch of ****ed up people making a ****ery of everyone else's lives.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ismailali)
    democratic if not what about dictatorship would be brilliant solution just like Syria and Iraq was man those countries people who are different cultures lived together and today they all became factions.
    ok, but dictatorships are very harshly criticised for being bad and censoring the country majorly ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhanny)
    Two countries with a bunch of ****ed up people making a ****ery of everyone else's lives.
    ok, why do you think both countries have bad people.In my opinion, Arabs are very nice, regardless of religious backround.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Westham315)
    ok, why do you think both countries have bad people.In my opinion, Arabs are very nice, regardless of religious backround.
    So you're telling me the atrocities both the countries have committed on each other was done by nice people? At the end of the day it is your opinion so I respect it but in my opiniom regardless of race/background, every country has good and bad people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
    Because:

1) The holocaust
    2) America is on their side
    3) Nobody really cares about Palestinians anyway

I'm not taking a side on whether Israel is an evil oppressor or a rightful state, but those are the reasons (mainly the first) why Israel is not often criticised by Western leaders.
    How much life is left in the Holocaust as a defining event in society? Will the Holocaust hold the same status in 50 or 100 years time when all of its survivors are long dead and buried or will it become a distant historical event like the Crimean War or the Battle of Waterloo?

Remember that Henry V was a national hero like Winston Churchill centuries ago but very few Englishmen celebrate the victory in the Battle of Agincourt or mark St. Crispin's Day nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    So you're telling me the atrocities both the countries have committed on each other was done by nice people? At the end of the day it is your opinion so I respect it but in my opiniom regardless of race/background, every country has good and bad people.
    Hamas only acts in self defence towards israel while Israel sends across rockets for no reason. Hamas rockets are not even a match for the US made rockets shot by israel.

ReputationRep:
    Why do Palestinians revere Saddam so highly?

The Sunni states have sold you out and ally with Israel now, whilst Iran is your only real ally these days (still supporting Hamas despite their opposition to Assad), and you morons revere Saddam (who gassed and killed hundreds of thousands of Iranians)?

Kind of makes me care less about the inevitable success of Israel’s ethnostate ambitions.

ReputationRep:
    Hamas only acts in self defence towards israel while Israel sends across rockets for no reason. Hamas rockets are not even a match for the US made rockets shot by israel.
    You cant clap without two hands. In the same way, I highly doubt one side out of the two is faultless.
    They are both in the wrong regardless of whether one has committed more atrocities/sorrow on others.

ReputationRep:
    You cant clap without two hands. In the same way, I highly doubt one side out of the two is faultless.
    They are both in the wrong regardless of whether one has committed more atrocities/sorrow on others.
    There’s no moral equivalence between the occupied and the occupier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    There’s no moral equivalence between the occupied and the occupier.
    Well technically nearly every territory in this world has had an occupier as land/rule changes have been happening since long ago. Hell, there was no Palestinian/Israeli territory before because the Romans had it occupied under one banner at one time.

ReputationRep:
    Well technically nearly every territory in this world has had an occupier as land/rule changes have been happening since long ago. Hell, there was no Palestinian/Israeli territory before because the Romans had it occupied under one banner at one time.
    Irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
    Because:

1) The holocaust
    2) America is on their side
    3) Nobody really cares about Palestinians anyway

I'm not taking a side on whether Israel is an evil oppressor or a rightful state, but those are the reasons (mainly the first) why Israel is not often criticised by Western leaders.
    I agree and I said it is disturbing. The Holocaust was absolutely horrible, but just because it happened, it doesn't excuse what Israel are doing now. If you dare to criticise them, they call you anti-Semitic. They think they are untouchable because of the Holocaust.

ReputationRep:
    What your opinion on the conflict. Please stay away from arguments and respect peoples opinions, whatever country they support. I am Palestinian myself. i am a sunni muslim and i used to be a orthodox Christian . My name used to be Barak. I just wanted to see peoples opinion on the countries.

THANKS

Siraj
    i just wanted to ask if you don't mind. what made you convert to islam and what inspired you to convert. I am a british- pakistani sunni muslim myself.

ReputationRep:
    OK, thank you. People may disagree with the 3rd point saying that the UN, regardably one of the biggest humanitarian organisations is against Israel and has sanctioned them on many occasions.
    what sanctions? sanctions would never pass as the US would always veto.

OK, thank you. People may disagree with the 3rd point saying that the UN, regardably one of the biggest humanitarian organisations is against Israel and has sanctioned them on many occasions.
      Yes, but who cares about the UN?

It is just a platform for Arab and African nations to get together and blame the west for everything.

If all the UN resolutions condemning Israelis for so much as sneezing actually meant anything, then the US would not let those resolutions pass.

ReputationRep:
      Only the UNSC can issue sanctions. The US has a veto power at the UNSC and would veto any attempt to do anything close to applying sanctions to Israel.

ReputationRep:
      Why do Palestinians revere Saddam so highly?

The Sunni states have sold you out and ally with Israel now, whilst Iran is your only real ally these days (still supporting Hamas despite their opposition to Assad), and you morons revere Saddam (who gassed and killed hundreds of thousands of Iranians)?

Kind of makes me care less about the inevitable success of Israel’s ethnostate ambitions.
      I thought Hamas was slowly doing an about turn on that position now? I recall speaking to Aya Ali Mohamed from Hezbollah about the frosty relations between the two groups thanks the the choice they made back at the start of the Arab Spring?

Also a point on Saddam, I could be wrong on this but i'll cite Axeworthy to be on the same side who seemed to lay a great deal of the blame for the attoricties against the Persians at the door of [I believe it was either France or Germany] who lent an inordinate amount of support to their chemical programs?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Napp)
      I thought Hamas was slowly doing an about turn on that position now?
      Well now the Syrian "rebels" have essentially been defeated that is no longer an issue for Hamas-Iran ties which have recently improved.

Also a point on Saddam, I could be wrong on this but i'll cite Axeworthy to be on the same side who seemed to lay a great deal of the blame for the attoricties against the Persians at the door of [I believe it was either France or Germany] who lent an inordinate amount of support to their chemical programs?
      The US supplied Saddam with the ('dual use') chemical weapons then helped them use them against Iran (source below). Virtually every country in the world bar Israel, Syria and North Korea backed Saddam when he invaded Iran. Saddam invaded Iran and used CWs against Iran. The US then voted against resolutions condemning the CW attacks.

France was a key supplier of military hardware for Saddam during the war, but the US pulled out all the stops to ensure Iraq didn't fall to Iran.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/08/26/...e-gassed-iran/

ReputationRep:
      Well now the Syrian "rebels" have essentially been defeated that is no longer an issue for Hamas-Iran ties which have recently improved.

The US supplied Saddam with the ('dual use' chemical weapons then helped them use them against Iran (source below). Virtually every country in the world bar Israel, Syria and North Korea backed Saddam when he invaded Iran. Saddam invaded Iran and used CWs against Iran. The US then voted against resolutions condemning the CW attacks.

France was a key supplier of military hardware for Saddam during the war, but the US pulled out all the stops to ensure Iraq didn't fall to Iran.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/08/26/...e-gassed-iran/
      Ah thanks for clearing that up.

If it wasnt so utterly repugnant it would be almost funny the double standards NATO nations employ in these situations.
      Indeed, something I always found somewhat amusing was that Israel helped Iran on several occasions from selling them copious amounts of weaponry to giving them intelligence and so on. What a far cry we are from that today?

ReputationRep:
      my opinion is, we cant solve this on TSR, yes even this platform of omniscient knowledge has its limits 😂😂

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.