Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my undergraduate dissertation for psychology in the area of football fans and how their team performances effect their well-being. Though i'm stuck as to finding something that stands out or is original.
    I could look into the relationship between level of identification with the team, the team's performances and well being.
    Instead of level of identification I could look at level of investment in terms of money spent on supporting the team. I'm just running out of interesting ideas.
    I also thought about looking at those who support teams who have underperformed vs those that who overperformed, e.g. those relegated and promoted, and see how that had impacted their well being. Though it would be more difficult to get a large sample.

I'd massively appreciate it if anyone else has an interesting angle at which I could point my dissertation in. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Things are affected and things have effects.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.