Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim & Catholic Relationship watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I’m a 21 year old Muslim and my boyfriend is catholic. We’ve been together for 2 years and are really serious about each other. He’s quite religious and I would say I’m a bit less than he is. I don’t believe in convertin for each other because I don’t want to change who someone is (beliefs + values wise)..even though I know well have problems in the future we’re both willing to go through with it

Just seeking some advice from anyone from an outside perspective I guess

ReputationRep:
    Would you mind your children being Catholic or do you wan't them to be Muslim? Plus do you wear the Hijab?

Just wanna get a clearer idea of your situation. 😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I don’t wear a headscarf and atm were on the side of teaching them about both and letting them decide for themselves eventually

In Sunni Islam, the ruling is that the woman can be Christian or Jewish but the man must always remain a Muslim. The man has priority over the children's faith. If you go to a imam, they will say the marriage is not valid. Being a Muslim myself, i would say this is your choice yourself but i cant decide on the behalf of the religion.

Myself being a ex-christian converted when i came to the UK. I did see myself as sort of religious but converted to Islam within 3 months of arriving in this country.

Sadly, I cannot represent Islam for you and i am not going to be radical and call you to end your relationship. I will continue to do research to see if there is a way this could work but if it doesn't, then sadly i dont know what to do.

At the end of the day, God knows best.

Siraj (used to be Barak)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.