The Student Room Group

Muslim & Catholic Relationship

Hi everyone

I’m a 21 year old Muslim and my boyfriend is catholic. We’ve been together for 2 years and are really serious about each other. He’s quite religious and I would say I’m a bit less than he is. I don’t believe in convertin for each other because I don’t want to change who someone is (beliefs + values wise)..even though I know well have problems in the future we’re both willing to go through with it

Just seeking some advice from anyone from an outside perspective I guess :smile:
Would you mind your children being Catholic or do you wan't them to be Muslim? Plus do you wear the Hijab?

Just wanna get a clearer idea of your situation. 😊
I don’t wear a headscarf and atm were on the side of teaching them about both and letting them decide for themselves eventually
In Sunni Islam, the ruling is that the woman can be Christian or Jewish but the man must always remain a Muslim. The man has priority over the children's faith. If you go to a imam, they will say the marriage is not valid. Being a Muslim myself, i would say this is your choice yourself but i cant decide on the behalf of the religion.

Myself being a ex-christian converted when i came to the UK. I did see myself as sort of religious but converted to Islam within 3 months of arriving in this country.

Sadly, I cannot represent Islam for you and i am not going to be radical and call you to end your relationship. I will continue to do research to see if there is a way this could work but if it doesn't, then sadly i dont know what to do.

At the end of the day, God knows best.

Siraj (used to be Barak)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending