Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Work Experience Help Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This is my first time using this forum so sorry for any mistakes. Anyways, coming p I have work experience and I want to find my own placement. However I am interested into retail but want to find somewhere that will allow more than one job (e.g.. tills, stock etc.) What stores do this sort of stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isaac halton)
    This is my first time using this forum so sorry for any mistakes. Anyways, coming p I have work experience and I want to find my own placement. However I am interested into retail but want to find somewhere that will allow more than one job (e.g.. tills, stock etc.) What stores do this sort of stuff?
    Try charity shops as they will generally have you do a bit of everything (I've worked in 2) and also may take you on as a volunteer after which would be a good experience. Supermarkets also, also I'm not sure where you live but how about places like theme parks? I know the one I worked out took some work experience placements in retail and other departments.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EveeyBean)
    Try charity shops as they will generally have you do a bit of everything (I've worked in 2) and also may take you on as a volunteer after which would be a good experience. Supermarkets also, also I'm not sure where you live but how about places like theme parks? I know the one I worked out took some work experience placements in retail and other departments.

Best of luck!

Thanks for you information, would you do till work in charity shops then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isaac halton)
    Thanks for you information, would you do till work in charity shops then?
    Yes, where I worked it was a Church run shop so I did tills, stocking, pricing up items, making tea and coffee, everything! Was a lovely atmosphere but I can't speak for every charity shop obviously.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.