Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Now I'm not amazing when it comes to social situations, but I tend to know where the line is, well I thought so anyway. What happened is I had work experience at this firm. Instead of shadowing employees instead they gave us presentations and helped us with projects. There were like 20 people and the employees changed every two days. It was for a week. Anyways there was one guy (employee) who I thought was kinda good-looking. We were having mad eye contact (I know I'm so stupid there's more than one reason people can stare at you) I'm just a really insecure person I guess so I definitely interpreted it incorrectly. We didn't even really talk but let's just say I found his insta when the thing was over and decided to follow cs y not? Its just instagram right. So my friend followed first just to see if he would accept and he didnt, plkus he had loads of posts and only about 100 followers/following so it was obvious that he was only gonna accept people he knew. In the end, he declined me which I honestly didn't care about cs I was stupid to think so in the first place but the fact that I found his Instagram and only knew his first name is freaking me out. Like I got his full name from the stuff they gave us (timetables). How freaky oh my god. I don't know why I wasn't using my brain but I'm absolutely disgusted with myself and will never do anything like this again. Im just ranting to be honest cs i can't get it out of my head how creepy i was. Like woah...SERIOUSLY. And he probably told all his colleagues and they probs also agreed, creepy af. But i dont know why im here i just need to get it out of my system so i NEVER do anyhing like this again,its been like 2 days and i literally cant think about anything else except for the fact that i was reepy as hell, and keep imagining all the colleagues laughing at me. Thanks I guess?

ReputationRep:
    -Pat- -pat-, we all have our stalker moments too, I assure you.

ReputationRep:
    It's really not that bad. Many people I know do similar things because it's the first start at potentially igniting conversation, especially if you're shy. You should have spoken to him whilst he was there a little bit more, so that he at least knew who you were and why you attempted to follow him.

ReputationRep:
    thing is I'm legal but he's like 6 years older.Oh god.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2579)
    thing is I'm legal but he's like 6 years older.Oh god.
    Well, in the eyes of the law that's perfectly acceptable. Socially however...depends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright Student)
    Well, in the eyes of the law that's perfectly acceptable. Socially however...depends.
    😂😂😂fml
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.