Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello world, basically im doing french gcse right now and im in year 11.
    Im predicted a grade 3 in french which is basically a D. Im also getting moved down a set to do foundation French.
    It really makes me depressed and im so bored of it.The amount of content in the subject is quite frankly overwhelming for me and i would much rather use the lesson time to revise other subjects.I was thinking of using the time to revise more on my sciences and maths as in maths i am only predicted a 5 and i want to get that higher to be able to get into a maths course.
    Should i drop it?
    ps. in lower class there are 8 students, and in my class if i drop there will be only 10 students so quite a few people have dropped already but im debating if it will put me at a disadvantage in life.

ReputationRep:
    Are you allowed to drop lessons at GCSE's? My school never let you do that...

Is there a career advisor or mentoring scheme in your school? It may be good to sit down and discuss the options with someone who may be able to make a difference. How are you doing maths and English and the more "important" topics? One bad grade isn't the end of the world, my D in Additional Science GCSE didn't stop uni's giving me an offer in Nursing.

Best of luck in whatever you chose to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EveeyBean)

Is there a career advisor or mentoring scheme in your school? It may be good to sit down and discuss the options with someone who may be able to make a difference.
    We do have mentors but too be honest i really dont want to continue to subject and i know he will tell me to carry on, it would probably be abit bad on his part to tell me to drop.
    Lol i just remembered im talking to him tommorow, ill have a chat i guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EveeyBean)

Is there a career advisor or mentoring scheme in your school? It may be good to sit down and discuss the options with someone who may be able to make a difference. How are you doing maths and English and the more "important" topics? One bad grade isn't the end of the world, my D in Additional Science GCSE didn't stop uni's giving me an offer in Nursing.

Best of luck in whatever you chose to do.
    Thanks and i plan on doing physics,maths,and im not sure about the last maybe chemistry A levels.in my sciences im predicted 6's so im hoping to boost that to a 7 and i have christmas mocks soon so that will be a deciding factor on my grades.
    Overall in most subjects apart from design im predicted 6's.

a 6 is like a B

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, if those are your predicted grades then focus on getting them in the bag. By all means, keep up with French if you can but it sounds like you know what you want to do. I would still talk to your mentor as he is there to assist you; obviously, he'll try and convince you to carry out but he'll give you your options and what it could mean if you do drop it for A-levels etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.