Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying a foundation degree and going into social work to get a full BA degree, what funding will I get as it technically will be my first full degree? As I've done two year In foundation then a further 2 in social work
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirstyw22)
    I am currently studying a foundation degree and going into social work to get a full BA degree, what funding will I get as it technically will be my first full degree? As I've done two year In foundation then a further 2 in social work
    Hi Kirsty,

Can you please confirm the details of the foundation degree that you are currently studying?. You have also advised that you will be studying a further 2 years of a social work degree, can you advised if you will be entering 2nd year of a social work degree or will you be completing a top up year after your foundation degree?

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    Working with children and young people and il be going into the 2nd year for the 2nd and 3rd year

ReputationRep:
    I think it's classed as a top up
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirstyw22)
    Hi Kirsty,

It seems that the course that you will be studying after your foundation degree is classed as and end on course. As long as you will not be changing your mode of study and will be completing the course directly after your foundation degree.
    Based that you will be entering the 2nd year of the 3 year course you would receive full funding from Student Finance and the funding you can receive as a Social Work student will depend both on where you have chosen to study and the Awards Authority that provides the funding.

Thanks
    Louise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.