Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

16 year old dating a 35 year old Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's fine!

I don't know what your relationship is like, so I can't comment on that. However, the age gap can be a problem for some.

ReputationRep:
    The thing that is that you both would be at completely different phases of your lives and this could act as a power hierarchy because they think they are older/wiser than you and may think they can control you more
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvilSnakeu)
    I’m a girl
    Then if your mentality is the same as the person i replied to then you are unusual. Not saying its bad, just strange.

whattttt?
      actually its your choice.but put your studies first.

(Original post by ismailali)
      olden days people used marry each other at the age of 10 and the other person could be maybe 80.
      Juliet and Romulet
      Juliet was 13 - nearly 14 - and Romeo was 16/17

ReputationRep:
      It's not the age gap that's the problem, it's the fact that one person in the relationship is 16 and the other is an adult

ReputationRep:
      Nope its really really creepy and they should stop tbh

ReputationRep:
      There is probably a good reason why someone in their 30s can’t find someone their own age.
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
      lol seen that on insta

ReputationRep:
      my friend slept with this 25 year old woman when he was 17, he met her in a club and lied about his age

ReputationRep:
      about 5 yrs ago I met up with this dude who posted on a forum I was a member of, he was in his thirties..

He started telling me that he had slept with this other girl from the forum at a party, I then said ....wait ..isn't this girl like 16
      he said yeah
      I then said what did her older sister say [who was around his age and also at the party]

and he said the older sister was ok with it and didn't seem to mind

I was pretty shocked tbh.............

ReputationRep:
      that's a court case

(Original post by Kevin Hodge)
      It’s okay. I’m a 39 year old and I was on a night out with my 19 year old girlfriend and people were calling me vile names like ‘paedophile’. Completely ruined our 10 year anniversary.
      you were dating a 9-year-old... when you were 29?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      you were dating a 9-year-old... when you were 29?
      You got the joke 😂

ReputationRep:
      nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhh 21

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.