Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A Series of Unfortunate Events... otherwise my journey to A*A*A* Watch

ReputationRep:

Hey! To be completely honest, this blog is more for me than anyone else. I hope that by starting this I'll become more motivated to study and put in the work required to succeed. It was only until recently that I realised just how vital my education was; I didn't go through all those years of school for nothing! I've always aspired to go to a university such as Cambridge, yet I'd always considering it realistic and beyond my reach - well now it's time to make it happen. I'm hoping that if I have the success I hope I do by the end of the year (I trust this thread will take me there) then I could perhaps take a gap year and apply to Cambridge, it's not the end goal and my dreams aren't solely relying on the university - though it is a big boost in my incentive to succeed!

Ambitions

To study Politics & International Relations at a high-ranking university, the ones I'm aspiring towards are Warwick, Durham, LSE or Cambridge - as unrealistic as the latter may be.

GCSE Grades

4 A*s, 4 As, 2 Bs

AS Grades

AABC - History, English Literature, Physics & Biology respectively. I dropped Physics at the end of the year as the B was hours of countless work that left me with no time to revise for my other subjects, I also didn't believe I could excel in A-Level. I chose Biology over Physics as I managed to achieve a C with a day's revision, whereas the B in Physics took months.

Predicted A*A*B

Goals

A*A*A* in English, History & Biology.

I'll be updating this thread daily with the work I do.

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I love the layout!
    Also good luck on 3 A*s - you never know about Cambridge! You could get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wikia)

Hey! To be completely honest, this blog is more for me than anyone else. I hope that by starting this I'll become more motivated to study and put in the work required to succeed. It was only until recently that I realised just how vital my education was; I didn't go through all those years of school for nothing! I've always aspired to go to a university such as Cambridge, yet I'd always considering it realistic and beyond my reach - well now it's time to make it happen. I'm hoping that if I have the success I hope I do by the end of the year (I trust this thread will take me there) then I could perhaps take a gap year and apply to Cambridge, it's not the end goal and my dreams aren't solely relying on the university - though it is a big boost in my incentive to succeed!

Ambitions

To study Politics & International Relations at a high-ranking university, the ones I'm aspiring towards are Warwick, Durham, LSE or Cambridge - as unrealistic as the latter may be.

GCSE Grades

4 A*s, 4 As, 2 Bs

AS Grades

AABC - History, English Literature, Physics & Biology respectively. I dropped Physics at the end of the year as the B was hours of countless work that left me with no time to revise for my other subjects, I also didn't believe I could excel in A-Level. I chose Biology over Physics as I managed to achieve a C with a day's revision, whereas the B in Physics took months.

Predicted A*A*B

Goals

A*A*A* in English, History & Biology.

I'll be updating this thread daily with the work I do.

Hey there! I’m a Year 13 student also doing English Lit and History. (And then Psychology + Drama) feel free to pm me if you want to discuss subjects or Uni or anything. ☺️
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's crazy how similar our education profiles are! We got pretty much the same GCSEs and took the same A levels not the same degree though :teehee:

Best of luck with this, you'll do brilliantly!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    It's crazy how similar our education profiles are! We got pretty much the same GCSEs and took the same A levels not the same degree though :teehee:

Best of luck with this, you'll do brilliantly!
    maybe he/she/it won't

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.