Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting Ready for A*A*A Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Realitysreflexx)
    just go to Surrey if you dont get into Oxford, Awesome University. The rest are trash, Durhams too snobby.
    I would/will be more than happy to go to Surrey, it was one of my choices for a reason xD Oxford, Edinburgh and Durham are all my "Number 1" as I do not expect an offer from all/any of them, so all I hope for is something from 1. If not, I made sure I was in love with my other 2 choices. Birmingham is an amazing university for English and Surrey is an amazing university too, so I am more than happy to go to either, but that is to be decided much later for now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    that’s a really interesting reason - ive not really heard someone answer it like that before!

you have a good idea of what you want to do after uni and it seems awesome good luck!

is the course at edinburgh combined with a masters degree then?
    I hope that is a good thing? xD

Yes it is. Its called MA English Literature so I would hope that that is what it means xD

what are you wanting to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Surrey)
    Hey 10cking,

Just wanted to drop by to say congrats on your offers so far and good luck with your exams and the rest of the application process! I know repeating can be scary, but I think you've made the right decision for you - your predicted grades show how much you've turned it around

Keep up the good work

All the best,
    Ashley
    Hi Ashley!

Thank you so much for the well wishes and taking the time to read my thread, it is really appreciated! Repeating definitely was a really scary thing, but it was the best decision I ever made, as I am able to follow my passion instead of just my previous grades. However, now that passion has since transferred into amazing grades (for me) which is more than I could have ever hoped

Thank you again!

ReputationRep:

UPDATE - 7th November

Today has been a little all over the place! I had two frees this morning. The first I used to further my Media Essay - I got half a paragraph done. In the scheme of things half a paragraph was good though as it is a topic I am still researching. The second I used to start making Psychology Flash Cards. I have started the Memory topic and hopefully will finish these flash cards by Saturday, but who knows? I then attended an 'Oxbridge' meeting where I think the teacher in charge had destroyed several trees due to the sheer amount of paper we were given! It was all to do with our 'Mock interview' next week, which I'm a little too lax about at the moment, and how we can prepare for it... if we are lucky enough to receive an invite. I then had double Psychology, in which my teacher thought the best use of time was to show us youtube clips and give us a hand out on a sub-topic in no way related to our A-Level course. It was interesting, however, with Mocks coming up it is making me nervous how calm my teacher is about getting through the whole course in time. I came home and procrastinated for about an hour and ate dinner. After this I wrote 2 paragraphs for my Media essay and did some more research for my next section! I completed my duties as Admin on different websites and had a discussion with my little sister about different novels she is doing in class to help prepare me for discussing similar novels next week.

Overall it has been a very disjointed day, with bursts of productivity, of varying use and of slight frustration. However, we are another day closer! I am going to be reading more of 'The Illiad' tonight before bed, because screens aren't good for sleeping

Please let me know how your day went or if you have your own GYG's (just link it below) for me and others to check out

ReputationRep:
    i wanted to to Surrey but i did a foundation year, and it seemed they werent interested in my specific foundation course, they have private partnerships with specific unis, i ended up at University of Nottingham(my dream school) but i really wpuld have loved to go to Surrey as well. I wouldnt go to Durham. the website seems to elitist for no real reason lol. Birmingham is very respectable but i dont know your personal situation ie finances, but its quite an expensive city to live in. As is Oxford but i dont really think you will suffer being as poor going to Oxford.Who cares if your going to Oxford right? but the workload is death and im not sure i would be able to handle it/want to handle it. I think you should really just make sure you love the University you go to, sometimes when it gets tough I still feel happy because i go to Nottjngham lol. best of luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10cking)
    Hi Ashley!

Thank you so much for the well wishes and taking the time to read my thread, it is really appreciated! Repeating definitely was a really scary thing, but it was the best decision I ever made, as I am able to follow my passion instead of just my previous grades. However, now that passion has since transferred into amazing grades (for me) which is more than I could have ever hoped

Thank you again!
    Hi 10cking,

No problem at all! Ah that's brilliant, the most important thing is to enjoy what you're studying

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!:crossedf:

All the best,
    Ashley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10cking)
    I hope that is a good thing? xD

Yes it is. Its called MA English Literature so I would hope that that is what it means xD

what are you wanting to do?
    nice!

probably medicine or sports science
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.