Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for Philosophy at Exeter, and it says the entry requirement is AAA AAB. I am currently predicted AAB. Does this mean that if I get an offer, I'll get an offer of AAB?

ReputationRep:
    idk the exact answer but if it helps my econ & pol offer is A*AA and my predicted grades were A*AA. (offer range = A*AA-AAB)

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily, I got an AAA offer from Exeter (one below the normal A*AA) and I'm predicted A*A*A*D2. It probably depends on your personal statement/enthusiasm shown.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed exeter for an accoutning and business course for the same entry requirements. my predicted is AAB too. They said that their usual offer is AAA, and AAB isn't given out much, especially if there is a lot of competition, they've gone a few years without giving any AAB'S. but then again, it depends in your course and the amount of people who apply for it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lia22)
    I emailed exeter for an accoutning and business course for the same entry requirements. my predicted is AAB too. They said that their usual offer is AAA, and AAB isn't given out much, especially if there is a lot of competition, they've gone a few years without giving any AAB'S. but then again, it depends in your course and the amount of people who apply for it
    Ah okay. Is it still likely for them to give me an offer at all even though I have AAB?

ReputationRep:
    P robably, I mean it is still within the offer range
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunset891)
    I am applying for Philosophy at Exeter, and it says the entry requirement is AAA AAB. I am currently predicted AAB. Does this mean that if I get an offer, I'll get an offer of AAB?
    It's more likely that you will get AAA as your offer unless you firm Exeter, which may reduce your offer to AAB (this was the case for my friend, whose initial offer was A*AA but AAA/A*AB/A*A*C after firming).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunset891)
    Ah okay. Is it still likely for them to give me an offer at all even though I have AAB?
    As long as your PS demonstrates your enthusiasm and your predicted grades aren't too far off their entry requirement - which they aren't, then there is no reason for them to not offer you a place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.