Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Grow Your Grades - Abigeriu Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    GROW YOUR GRADES BLOG

Hello! My name is Mae and I'm currently in year 11. My aim for this month is to revise for my upcoming mock exams. Hopefully, this will help me deal with my procrastination as my mocks are in five weeks. The subject I really need to work on is maths - I'm hopeless at it. However, this is just the beginning. Good luck guys!

TARGET GRADES
    English Language: 6
    English Literature: 6
    French: 6
    History: 6
    Art & Design: 8
    Dual Science: 6
    Maths: 6
    Business Studies: Merit

WHAT I WANT TO GET
    Spoiler:
    Show

English Language: 8
    English Literature: 8
    French: 8
    History: 7
    Dual Science: 8
    Maths: 6
    Business Studies: Distinction

RESULTS FROM PREVIOUS MOCK
    Spoiler:
    Show

English Language: 7
    English Literature: 7
    French: *N/A
    History: 6
    Dual Science: 7
    Maths: 4 (Foundation paper)

* I couldn't get an actual grade. But, I've been getting over 70% on the foundation papers and over 50% on the higher papers.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with your revision. I look forward to your updates.

ReputationRep:

Name:  coollogo_com-26491541.png
Views: 2
Size:  14.6 KB

I am writing this as I am surrounded by packets of tissues and a massive jug of water - you gotta love kids from your school. Anyways, these past two weeks have not been productive at all, which is worrying because my first mock exam is next week. I knew time would fly so quickly, yet I didn't do a lot of productive things.

In the first week, I revised for my French speaking and I did one task on Mathswatch. If you don't know what Mathswatch is, it's a website our school uses to revise for maths. I struggled with balancing my time for revision and homework. I still do. So what I did in that week, I made a timetable. But, I wasn't able to stick with it.

However, last week, I revised a lot more compared to the previous week. I revised on the Cold War by doing some essays and I reviewed my previous biology lessons. I've also been preparing for my art mock which is next Thursday! Eeek!

Today I took a day off from school, so I am going to do some catch-up work for English literature and maths. To anyone who is reading this, don't give up on your studies. We may not know each other, but I'll be cheering you on.

Life Update
    Spoiler:
    Show

So, I just finished reading 13 Reasons Why and I have mixed feelings. I think suicide is selfish but I also understand why she did that. No one should ever think of killing themselves or should ever play with people's feelings. If you see anyone who is a victim of bullying, you should help the person or seek help from others. When my friend was bullied, I was the only one that stood up for her - sadly. It's sad how people have to take their anger out on someone in order to make themselves feels better...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.