The Student Room Group

Passing the medical in the navy!?

Hey!

So a while back I wanted to join the navy or the army (that sort of thing), I enquirer about a career path as a medic within the services at ‘the big bang’ and a careers fair and was told because of my deafness I would not pass the medical test. Recently I have been looking at apprenticeships in law, and the other day it was mentioned that the navy offer similar sorts of things. So I had a look, and I am quite interested in the Human Resources and logistics apprenticeships. However, I am faced with the problem with passing the medical. There are submariner apprenticeships avaliable and there are also non submariner apprenticeships avaliable (I am presuming these ones will be on a base inland). I am wondering if I would pass the medical, in a position like this as I wouldn’t be in a situation that I would as reliant on my hearing (for example as a medic on the army battle field).

Ok so long story short: WOULD I PASS A MEDICAL IN THE NAVY DUE TO MY DEAFNESS, IF I WAS TO APPLY FOR AN APRRENTICESHIP IN LOGISTICS OR HUMAN RESOURCES???

Thank you for any advice 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending