WhitlockE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey!

So a while back I wanted to join the navy or the army (that sort of thing), I enquirer about a career path as a medic within the services at ‘the big bang’ and a careers fair and was told because of my deafness I would not pass the medical test. Recently I have been looking at apprenticeships in law, and the other day it was mentioned that the navy offer similar sorts of things. So I had a look, and I am quite interested in the Human Resources and logistics apprenticeships. However, I am faced with the problem with passing the medical. There are submariner apprenticeships avaliable and there are also non submariner apprenticeships avaliable (I am presuming these ones will be on a base inland). I am wondering if I would pass the medical, in a position like this as I wouldn’t be in a situation that I would as reliant on my hearing (for example as a medic on the army battle field).

Ok so long story short: WOULD I PASS A MEDICAL IN THE NAVY DUE TO MY DEAFNESS, IF I WAS TO APPLY FOR AN APRRENTICESHIP IN LOGISTICS OR HUMAN RESOURCES???

Thank you for any advice 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (155)
38.18%
Take autumn exams (124)
30.54%
Look for a job (14)
3.45%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.43%
Take a year out (69)
17%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
6.4%

Watched Threads