Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

can i wear hijab and be pretty? Watch

(Original post by Froppy)
    no i don't find them attractive ...because i don't know what they look like o_o
    there are many people.
    https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram...NjA5MA%3D%3D.2
    many people say i look like this blogger, but i dont wear makeup

ReputationRep:
    The whole point of the hijab is to look unattractive so that improper behaviour will not supposedly take place between men and women. If you want to look attractive don't wear the hijab.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yes but I cant necessarily change my face can I.
    Is hijab a turn off?
    For me it is, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    The whole point of the hijab is to hide someone's supposed beauty and make them look unattractive and/or unappealing.
    you can't help it if youre naturally pretty

(Original post by shezzax)
    i have plenty of friends who wear hijab and are still gorgeous, so yes you can definitely still be pretty. some girls even look better in it than without it
    first person to actually answer what was asked! thank you my lovely x

ReputationRep:
    yes, which is why Im asking if when i wear it people think i am pretty or not. is it possible to think that someone wearing a hijab is pretty
    Since the only thing that can determine that would be your eyes, state of your eyebrows and skin around it. If you can maintain those areas, then why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Westham315)
    I mean my new girlfriend wears a hijab and shes good looking, so yeah hair doesnt realyy make you ugly.
    I thought dating was haram?

(Original post by constantine2016)
    The whole point of the hijab is to look unattractive so that improper behaviour will not supposedly take place between men and women. If you want to look attractive don't wear the hijab.
    its not my aim, but im asking if it is still possible to be considered as such

(Original post by JDieMstr)
    Since the only thing that can determine that would be your eyes, state of your eyebrows and skin around it. If you can maintain those areas, then why not?
    but isnt your hair an important feature too?

ReputationRep:
    first person to actually answer what was asked! thank you my lovely x
    no problem, all the best if you do try to start wearing it! x

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can. There are a lot of people who wear a hijab and still look good. A hijab covers your head but it doesn’t change the way your face looks, does it?

(Original post by Westham315)
    I mean my new girlfriend wears a hijab and shes good looking, so yeah hair doesnt realyy make you ugly.
    what is she doing being someone's girlfriend wtf thats haraam akhi

(Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    Yes, you can. There are a lot of people who wear a hijab and still look good. A hijab covers your head but it doesn’t change the way your face looks, does it?
    true, but hair is part of your beauty

ReputationRep:
    but is it possible to think that someone wearing a hijab is pretty?
    thanks for the advice btw
    Well if you wear a Niqab then i admit I wouldnt have the faintest clue if you're pretty or not but if its the normal hijabs which show your face and cover your hair then yeah I can see your facial features and it would be easy to find out whether you're pretty.

(sorry if ive got the terms wrong).
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I thought dating was haram?
    Only when they decide to marry a virgin woman in the future.

if someone wears a hijab, do you find them attractive? or is it a turn off

https://www.youtube.com/user/hijabhills

I'd say so, this lady is beautiful. I don't see why a piece of fabric would be an issue for anyone, if they do, it's their loss. Be confident and happy no matter what, that's what people find attractive.

ReputationRep:
    there are many people.
    https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram...NjA5MA%3D%3D.2
    many people say i look like this blogger, but i dont wear makeup
    ah now i have a better idea of what you mean...i think the person in that picture is attractive but the hijab detracts from it. Personally to me they would look prettier without it.

ReputationRep:
    The whole point of the hijab is to hide someone's supposed beauty and make them look unattractive and/or unappealing.
    you make it seem as though all hijabis are ugly.

women can still look appealing but in a modest way and not in a way that attracts that perverted attention.

you should do your research before making a statement like that.

ReputationRep:
    I love your choice of wording - I suppose you really like Muslims lmfao...
    To put it in a positive light, it's to show the modesty of a woman ...

ReputationRep:
    but is it possible to think that someone wearing a hijab is pretty?
    thanks for the advice btw
    You see most of these people in this thread are saying that the Hijab is supposed to make someone unattractive. This isn't fully true, as all it really does (to put it bluntly) is cover the hair and breasts, the woman's face is still revealed meaning you can show of your hotnessssss, but still cover up your boobs so no ****boi can hit you with that "wyd" you know?. A Niqab, however covers the entire face and this is the difference people need to understand

9.5/10(she got some dot on the side of her nose-fam 10/10 aint easy to achievvvvveeeeee)
    Don't lie and say this girl is ugly. IMO she's top of the line, flipping fineeeee (god forgive me, astaghfirullah xD). So yeah you can wear a hijab and be pretty as seen above. Hijabs could be seen as a turn off sexually (since you can't see her breasts), but in a beauty point of view, you can still look attractive.
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpegPENGTING.jpeg (42.1 KB)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.