Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

can i wear hijab and be pretty? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but isnt your hair an important feature too?
    .....are you not planning on wearing the head scarf then?

(Original post by Froppy)
    ah now i have a better idea of what you mean...i think the person in that picture is attractive but the hijab detracts from it. Personally to me they would look prettier without it.
    that is the whole point of the hijab though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    Yes, you can. There are a lot of people who wear a hijab and still look good. A hijab covers your head but it doesn’t change the way your face looks, does it?
    IDK what you're talking about mayne everyone knows it's 10000% impossible

Spoiler:
    Show

LOL jk. Can I get HELL NAW

(Original post by constantine2016)
    Only when they decide to marry a virgin woman in the future.
    astughforilallah

ReputationRep:
    if you're going to wear the hijab, go do your research and wear it for the right reasons

if you're ultimately doing it to get attention and supposedly "turn people on" think again.

(Original post by eden3)
    idk what you're talking about mayne everyone knows it's 10000% impossible

Spoiler:
    Show

lol jk. Can i get hell naw

helll to the naaah

ReputationRep:
    true, but hair is part of your beauty
    But it isn’t the only thing. I know a lot of people who wear the hijab and still look beautiful.

(Original post by soIiIoquy)
    if you're going to wear the hijab, go do your research and wear it for the right reasons

if you're ultimately doing it to get attention and supposedly "turn people on" think again.
    that is far from my aims. if i wanted to turn people on i would dress provocatively, not wear a hijab. i am only asking to see whether people find hijabis pretty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    idk what you're talking about mayne everyone knows it's 10000% impossible

Spoiler:
    Show

lol jk. Can i get hell naw

helllll nawwww 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soIiIoquy)
    you make it seem as though all hijabis are ugly.

women can still look appealing but in a modest way and not in a way that attracts that perverted attention.

you should do your research before making a statement like that.
    No, I specifically said that a hijab is meant to make someone look unattractive or appealing, not that a cloth physically changes someone's facial structure. You should read my comment properly before making a statement like that.

ReputationRep:
    Girls with hijab can look very cute. Depends on facial features (in some cases, make up).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    if someone wears a hijab, do you find them attractive? or is it a turn off
    I have seen woman with a hijab who were attractive to me, so yes.

ReputationRep:
    true, but hair is part of your beauty
    So are your eyes, lips etc. Someone's face is arguably a much more important part of their "beauty" than their hair.

(Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    But it isn’t the only thing. I know a lot of people who wear the hijab and still look beautiful.
    like meeeeee

ReputationRep:
    Stop. your attractiveness is based on your face, hijab or not. There are ugly hijabis, there are gorg hijabis. There are ugly people who don't wear scarves, there are gorgeous people who don't. 😐.

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    So are your eyes, lips etc. Someone's face is arguably a much more important part of their "beauty" than their hair.
    true that true that

ReputationRep:
    No, I specifically said that a hijab is meant to make someone look unattractive or appealing, not that a cloth physically changes someone's facial structure. You should read my comment properly before making a statement like that.
    No, I'm talking about what you said before that.

"The whole point of the hijab is to hide someone's supposed beauty"

indicating that women who wear hijabs are ugly.

ReputationRep:
    I Have a friend from uni and she wears a Hijab and she is honestly the most beautiful person inside and out . She literally beams from the inside out !

ReputationRep:
    like meeeeee
    So I know you? 🤔

ReputationRep:
    I thought dating was haram?
    please don't huge people on religion to get back at an argument on another thread. In islam, in my denomination for example, dating is allowed but intercoms and intamicy be for marriage is not allowed. so dating is allowed.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.