Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I have been playing football for about 3 years and I’ve improved rapidly, unfortunately my first team folded and I had to move. I settled in quickly and was soon a first team player. I’m fast and I’d like to think good at all aspects of the game. But I get a lot of stick from people, never really my own teammates but members of other teams, in school they’ll say I’m awful at football and it’s really starting to get me down and make me question wether I should still be playing. I worked really hard to get into the school team and I’m a first team player for them too. I just need to prove to these people I’m not as bad as they think but I don’t know how

ReputationRep:
    What position do you play?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R1t2u58t)
    Basically I have been playing football for about 3 years and I’ve improved rapidly, unfortunately my first team folded and I had to move. I settled in quickly and was soon a first team player. I’m fast and I’d like to think good at all aspects of the game. But I get a lot of stick from people, never really my own teammates but members of other teams, in school they’ll say I’m awful at football and it’s really starting to get me down and make me question wether I should still be playing. I worked really hard to get into the school team and I’m a first team player for them too. I just need to prove to these people I’m not as bad as they think but I don’t know how
    **** them, dude, of course, they would say **** if it is not from your own teammates then I would say that you are doing fine they are probably just jealous or salty that they lost. Or want to say **** to make themselves feel better yeah don't worry about it especially if it from strangers who you do not even know :blah:

ReputationRep:
    My class in College I have only 1 student who plays football and most are smokers i mean one day they couldn't even run they sounded like donkeys.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scpfcib)
    What position do you play?
    Striker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archon9)
    **** them, dude, of course, they would say **** if it is not from your own teammates then I would say that you are doing fine they are probably just jealous or salty that they lost. Or want to say **** to make themselves feel better yeah don't worry about it especially if it from strangers who you do not even know :blah:
    Thanks for the reply, I guess your right. Just need to show them what I can do and they’ll stop, it’s not as if I’m inexperienced or literally **** at football, they just do it and it’s getting on my nerves now

ReputationRep:
    Striker
    What's your games to goals/assists ratio?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    What's your games to goals/assists ratio?
    Last season I started playing left back, moved onto left wing and eventually found myself playing striker. I played roughly 13 games upfront, grabbing mysef 13 goals all season. Not so sure about assists but I’d like to say about 7 as I don’t always get my head up. This season ive missed lots of game time due to illness but ive played a match with school scoring once, we lost 4-2. and I scored for my local team in a match that finished 7-1, so on paper my record isn’t bad.

ReputationRep:
    Last season I started playing left back, moved onto left wing and eventually found myself playing striker. I played roughly 13 games upfront, grabbing mysef 13 goals all season. Not so sure about assists but I’d like to say about 7 as I don’t always get my head up. This season ive missed lots of game time due to illness but ive played a match with school scoring once, we lost 4-2. and I scored for my local team in a match that finished 7-1, so on paper my record isn’t bad.
    Your record seems very good. I wouldn't worry about what other people say about you. just focus on improving and being the best player you can be.

ReputationRep:
    Striker
    If youre not cocky, not selfish and keep on working hard then they will start to respect you. Give it back to them with a bit of banter and youll be alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scpfcib)
    If youre not cocky, not selfish and keep on working hard then they will start to respect you. Give it back to them with a bit of banter and youll be alright.
    yeah that sounds like a good idea, thanks for the response

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    Your record seems very good. I wouldn't worry about what other people say about you. just focus on improving and being the best player you can be.
    Thankyou, yeah i have plenty of work to do on my own and i guess everyone gets a little bit of stick every now and then. Thanks for the help!!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou, yeah i have plenty of work to do on my own and i guess everyone gets a little bit of stick every now and then. Thanks for the help!!
    You're welcome
    Just keep training and eventually you'll reach your potential. Hard work and dedication pays off. If you have haters then you must be doing something right. Maybe they're just jealous so resort to mocking your ability to make themselves feel better.

ReputationRep:
    Lol if you're a striker just make sure you score(you're then obliged to be as crap as you want) and if you can't score make sure that you help the team one way or another(e.g. winning the ball back in good areas/holding up the ball/defending corners)

People will appreciate you then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.