The Student Room Group

Can I still enter year 13 if i've missed year 12

Its November and i've been kicked out of my current college for attendance issues due to some medical conditions. I've been trying to get into multiple colleges/sixth forms but at this point they're all coming to me with the same answer despite my circumstances: it's too late in the year, but in reality i think they're just taking the piss.

Its not too late to join a college if I'm completely up to date with my subjects: I chose A level business, psychology and Spanish. No head of ALevels are wanting to sympathise with my medical condition and turn me down whenever I ask for a chance to transfer to their college, in which i mention that i am completely up to date with the syllabus!!!!!

My plan is to find an apprenticeship and at the same time teach myself ALevels at home, possibly with the additional help from a tutor.
This initial post was meant to be solely regarding whether I can jump straight into year 13 in September 2018 despite having missed out year 12 at an educational institute. But of course, with having also paid for and passed AS exams for this year that I am teaching myself externally.

So basically with passed AS levels in all 3 subjects by the end of this academic year, can I enrol for year 13 somewhere else for September 2018 instead of redoing year12?
College can take up to minimum 6 years
Reply 2
Original post by VirgoStrain
You can’t skip year 12 because your performance in it forms a huge part of university offers as well as stuff outside of university. I’d retake Year 12. Skipping it will put you at no advantage.

But is there a possibility that I skip it and jump straight into year 13 with AS's?
Reply 3
Original post by ismailali
College can take up to minimum 6 years

But the A levels i've chosen involve a two year course through year 12 and year 13.

Quick Reply

Latest