Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What’s the difference between these two? What type of jobs and careers are available with these two types of courses?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing forensic psychology at uni (first year) and it's focusing on rehab and treatment for offenders, assessing their risk etc. It's awesome - last week we looked at all sorts of personality disorders and this week we're moving on to psychopaths. I can't wait! I think criminology is more focused on the psychology of criminals and working out why they committed their crimes.

With FP, you can become a chartered psychologist if you do further training. Both of them open up lots of doors - management, working with law enforcement, prisons etc.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know (as a 4th year Psycholoogy student), you cannot become a professional forensic psychologist with a criminology degree, as you require BPS accreditation which is specific to psychology degrees

However I could be wrong/specific programs could contain enough psychology to be considered for accreditation

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.