Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Choosing subjects for GCSE and A-Levels Watch

ReputationRep:
    Why do parents act as if school is easy?!
    Okay, so my mum thinks it’s easy to pass all subjects if you study now and then, especially maths, but I need at least 1h for each topic to understand it. She thinks it’s easy and fun and it’s my fault for struggling because I’m not trying my best.. BUT for my defence, I have the most violent class with a teacher who doesn’t seem to be able to handle a class..
    I also find it soooo annoying that she moans that I never do my homework nor study when I’ve clearly done all my homework in school or just don’t have any, BUT when I do revise and do a lot of homework, she keeps on asking if I’m done soon or why I’m taking so long.. FML there...

And now recently when my uncle or some relative of my family came to visit us (he often do come), he keeps on giving me annoying maths equations like “7+7+7x7+7+7”... I mean I’m not brain dead or something and when I have like the biggest pack of homework with 5 different subjects, he always says “Good to see that you’ve got a lot of homework to do”... BUT when I’ve been working on something for an hour or so (usually English story writing), he tells me that all the good students would’ve been done by now and that he would also be done by now... I usually don’t say thing but can he just **** OFF....

School compared to like 1980 is like 10 times harder.. so I don’t get what they’re moaning about it being TOO EASY.. I mean I used to hear people dropping out of school or committing suicides because of the stress (when I was younger) and I just thought they were stupid, but now I can clearly understand why the would do that.. Apparently the work we were doing in Year 9 used to be actual Year 11 work a decade ago..
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You're right, i'm currently in year 13 and I look at the new GCSE work which my sister in year 11 is doing and there is a lot of content there that I know nothing about. Just be resilient and carry on working hard and you'll definitely get some good grades to be proud of. Maybe you could show your family some of the more complex work you are doing and see if they are able to do it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.