Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I get motivated to work out and improve my lifestyle but how do people actually do it!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I've just started out doing this. So far I'm walking to the gym (30 min walk), going on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then walking the 30 minutes back home. So that's 1.5 hours of exercise. I also attended an hour-long aerobics class last Friday which absolutely exhausted me but I felt better after. I might make it a regular thing, although the time of the class might clash with uni commitments. Try joining your local gym and just getting moving.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthew129)
    I get motivated to work out and improve my lifestyle but how do people actually do it!
    You have to have long-term goals (be that fitness, asthetics or strength).
    Having long-term goals (which create medium and short term objectives) leads to consistency. Consistency ingrains good behaviour and routine which leads to results.

Ultimately, you should enjoy the exercise you do but you can't love every session and therefore the above can keep you motivated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.