The Student Room Group

A level curiosity

So you’ve completed your three a levels in the two years and then if you take a gap year can you complete another a level? Say for example you had a sudden career path change from medicine to english or something and you needed English would you be able to complete an English a level in that gap year and then go on that course?
There's nothing stopping you - I don't see why you couldn't do that! Perhaps, you might potentially find it difficult to find a college that would take on a much older student? But you might have one in your proximity! Have a google and ask your teachers at school maybe? See what the likelihood of being able to take further A-levels would be like afterwards? ( I don't know about you but I think once I've finished my A-levels there's no going back.. too painful lol I want to study English Literature at Uni but atm I have to study Geography A level, bane of my life, as well as English Lang and Lit which I prefer lol)
Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks, I was just wondering cause I dunno I’m studying chem and bio for medicine but have French as a third and I would be interested in doing modern languages as a degree so I wasn’t sure.
Oooo fancy... and difficult! Lol
Perhaps you could be a French Translator Doctor in A&E or something!? The possibilities are endless lol
I'm sure there must be courses out there that could supplement your French after A Level study?

Quick Reply

Latest